Psion Replacement: eeepc 901? - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion Replacement: eeepc 901? - Scion ; My 5MX is getting a bit unreliable and I'm thinking of replacing it with an a eeepc 901. Is there a Psion-like Agenda available on Linux, or Windows apart from through some kind of Psion emulation?...

  1. Psion Replacement: eeepc 901?

    My 5MX is getting a bit unreliable and I'm thinking of replacing it with
    an a eeepc 901. Is there a Psion-like Agenda available on Linux, or
    Windows apart from through some kind of Psion emulation?

  2. Re: Psion Replacement: eeepc 901?

    > I'm thinking of replacing it with an a eeepc 901.

    Not exactly answering your question here, but an Eee is not a good
    Psion replacement IMHO because it weighs a lot more and is so much
    bigger -- even though it's a very small laptop and among the best of
    them. I too considered that replacement strategy but chose against it.
    I borrowed a similar small "netbook" laptop and tried to live with it
    for some weeks. If you're interested, you can read about my trial on
    my blog: http://torben.g-b.dk/

    Best of luck finding your ideal replacement!

  3. Re: Psion Replacement: eeepc 901?

    TorbenGB wrote:

    > Not exactly answering your question here, but an Eee is not a good
    > Psion replacement IMHO because it weighs a lot more and is so much
    > bigger

    I can agree with that. I wondered when I bought my Series 7 if my 5mx
    would go into retirement, but even the 7 is no replacement for the 5mx.
    It is, however, a very nice toy!

    --
    Damian Walker
    Add SAUSAGE to the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap

+ Reply to Thread