Emulation - Scion

This is a discussion on Emulation - Scion ; Damian Walker wrote: > I thought about putting more maps from TomTom's old Street Planner ( > which I bought a while ago) but decided against it as I don't travel > that often, and the maps are getting out ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: Help me use my 2GB CompactFlash!

    Damian Walker wrote:
    > I thought about putting more maps from TomTom's old Street Planner (
    > which I bought a while ago) but decided against it as I don't travel
    > that often, and the maps are getting out of date now. What exactly is
    > Citymaps?

    Citymaps is the latest version of Street Planner for the Psion World.
    Yes, the maps are old but I have used a variety of them lately with
    only minor problems. As my 5MX is in allways in my pocket I can't
    forget the maps at home.

    > put some of those on the card; the TXT files will more than fill it but
    > I find unformatted plain text files uncomfortable to read. I keep
    > meaning to look into EPOC compatible e-books but other things
    > constantly take up my time at the moment. Hopefully I should get
    > chance to look further during this week.

    Try the MobiPocket reader.

    --
    Oliver

  2. Re: Help me use my 2GB CompactFlash!

    Roger Burton West wrote:
    > Damian Walker wrote:
    >
    > >I thought about putting more maps from TomTom's old Street Planner (
    > >which I bought a while ago) but decided against it as I don't travel
    > >that often, and the maps are getting out of date now. What exactly is
    > >Citymaps?

    > Latest version is from 2003 and I find it still pretty good, even in
    > London.
    >
    > Since they switched from their own special format to (semi-)standard
    > ..cab files, you can even install the maps without having to go through
    > the official installer - I wrote a program to convert the install
    > packages into .SIS files. (Thus meaning you don't have to squeeze them
    > down the serial link from a Windows machine.)
    > http://firedrake.org/roger/psion/citymaps2003.html

    Excellent! I'll give it a try. Until now I had to pick the individual
    maps from the temp directory to transfer them via my card reader/writer.

    --
    Oliver

  3. Re: Help me use my 2GB CompactFlash!

    Oliver N. Kuehlwein wrote:

    > Try the MobiPocket reader.

    Thanks Oliver, since I made the post to which you replied, I discovered
    MobiPocket Reader and it seems to do everything I want.

    --
    Damian Walker
    The World at Strife - newly released - psion.snigfarp.karoo.net

  4. Re: more musing about a relacemnt for psions

    richard seed wrote:

    > BTW whycan't we get hold of native epoc and load it onto a blank
    > macjine is it just symbian/psion wont release teh cod , does it care
    > or is there a deepr technical reason .

    EPOC will be directly written to use the Psion's touch screen hardware,
    keyboard and other peripherals, which are Psion-specific. It would
    need some changes to adapt to standard PC hardware I expect. And the
    Psion also uses a different processor (ARM or some variant thereof)
    than the PC, so the code would need re-compiling even if no changes
    were necessary.

    On top of that there is the legal issue of copyright. I don't think
    EPOC has been released into the public domain.