Desert Island Games - Scion

This is a discussion on Desert Island Games - Scion ; Hello everyone, Recently I was browsing through some old Palmtop magazines, and I found an article called "Desert Island Games". The journalists chose the three games that they would want installed on their Psion (in that case 3a/c), should they ...

  1. Desert Island Games

    Hello everyone,

    Recently I was browsing through some old Palmtop magazines, and I found
    an article called "Desert Island Games". The journalists chose the
    three games that they would want installed on their Psion (in that case
    3a/c), should they be marooned on a desert island with an infinite
    supply of batteries.

    I thought it might be fun to resurrect that idea as a thread here, but
    open it up to EPOC32 users too. So, if you were marooned on a desert
    island with your favourite EPOC machine and an endless supply of power,
    what three games would you choose and why?

    My three would have to be: Atelier's SimCity Classic, as every game is
    different and it has endless gameplay; Great Ape Software's No Man's
    Land, as it provides a challenge and can be extended with your own
    scenarios; and Purple Software's Backgammon for those times when I want
    something a bit lighter than the other two.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  2. Re: Desert Island Games

    Damian Walker wrote:

    > So, if you were marooned on a desert
    > island with your favourite EPOC machine and an endless supply of power,
    > what three games would you choose and why?

    [silence]

    What, would nobody be able to keep themselves entertained on a desert
    island, even with their Psion for company?

    --
    Damian Walker
    Add SAUSAGE to the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap

  3. Re: Desert Island Games

    On Sep 24, 4:20*pm, dam...@snigfarp.karoo.co.uk (Damian Walker) wrote:
    > Damian Walker wrote:
    > > So, if you were marooned on a desert
    > > island with your favourite EPOC machine and an endless supply of power,
    > > what three games would you choose and why?

    > [silence]
    >
    > What, would nobody be able to keep themselves entertained on a desert
    > island, even with their Psion for company?

    OK, I'll take the bait:

    Nethack, over 20 years old, still going strong

    available at: http://www.suttoncourtenay.org.uk/duncan/Nethack.htm

    You are lucky! Full moon tonight.

  4. Re: Desert Island Games

    kelderek wrote:

    > Nethack, over 20 years old, still going strong

    True, and thanks for the link. I especially like the way it runs on
    the smaller screens, scrolling the display as necessary. How old is
    the latest EPOC version?

    --
    Damian Walker -- http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Add SAUSAGE to the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap

  5. Re: Desert Island Games

    On Sep 26, 5:27*pm, dam...@snigfarp.karoo.co.uk (Damian Walker) wrote:
    > kelderek wrote:
    > > Nethack, over 20 years old, still going strong

    > True, and thanks for the link. *I especially like the way it runs on
    > the smaller screens, scrolling the display as necessary. *

    I especially like the way it does NOT scroll on my MC218, because it
    doesn't need to

    > How old is the latest EPOC version?

    Did you actually click the link?
    First lines are:
    News
    (10th January 2004) Nethack 3.4.3 now released.
    So, my gess would be that the latest EPOC version is almost 5 years
    old.
    (note that 3.4.3 is the current Nethack version, see: http://www.nethack.org)

    Rgds, Roderik

  6. Re: Desert Island Games

    kelderek wrote:

    > I especially like the way it does NOT scroll on my MC218, because it
    > doesn't need to

    True, which is the behaviour on a standard PC screen or Linux terminal.
    Though my eyesight is getting poorer, so I wouldn't mind if it had
    bigger text with a scroll option as on the Osaris!

    > Did you actually click the link?

    I'm afraid I didn't get chance at the time, as I was off line. I've
    done so since, however, and found that I had an older version in the
    games database. That should be corrected in the next day or so.

    --
    Damian Walker
    Add SAUSAGE to the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap

+ Reply to Thread