5MX won't turn off automatically anymore - Scion

This is a discussion on 5MX won't turn off automatically anymore - Scion ; My Psion 5MX threw a bit of a wobbly recently and stopped responding. I thought it was a gonna, but after taking all the batteries out one last time and putting in a new backup battery it seemed to have ...

  1. 5MX won't turn off automatically anymore

    My Psion 5MX threw a bit of a wobbly recently and stopped responding. I
    thought it was a gonna, but after taking all the batteries out one last
    time and putting in a new backup battery it seemed to have come back from
    the dead.

    During the 5MX's fit it seemed to have trouble recognising the presence
    of power/batteries. It now seems to be working again, but it will not
    turn off automatically after X minutes, however I set the "switch on/off"
    preferences. It also seems to be slower, as if it's trying to sort
    something out in the background. Any thoughts?

  2. Re: 5MX won't turn off automatically anymore

    Quoting Gerald H's message of Sunday:

    > It also seems to be slower, as if it's trying to sort
    > something out in the background. Any thoughts?

    This one has me stumped. I had battery problems when my screen cable
    was failing. I've also had similar slow-down problems, but not in
    conjunction with the battery problems. A hard reset cured those.

    In your case it sounds like some runaway process is both slowing the
    machine down and preventing it from switching off. It will probably
    eat up a bit of battery power too. It might be worth trying another
    hard reset.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

+ Reply to Thread