Psion usb to serial adaptor problem - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion usb to serial adaptor problem - Scion ; I have a 5mx I'm trying to connect to my laptop which has no serial port. As a result I bought a usb to serial port adaptor. Nevertheless I can't get it to connect. I have checked the psion and ...

  1. Psion usb to serial adaptor problem

    I have a 5mx I'm trying to connect to my laptop which has no serial port.
    As a result I bought a usb to serial port adaptor.
    Nevertheless I can't get it to connect.
    I have checked the psion and it's remote connectivity is set to cable.

    Anyone had this problem and solved it?

  2. Re: Psion usb to serial adaptor problem

    Hon. Cosmo Smallpiece wrote:
    > I have a 5mx I'm trying to connect to my laptop which has no serial
    > port. As a result I bought a usb to serial port adaptor.
    > Nevertheless I can't get it to connect.
    > I have checked the psion and it's remote connectivity is set to cable.
    >

    > Anyone had this problem and solved it?

    No. But what are you running on the laptop and what does it say? (Why do
    people not say what does happen instead of what does not? Much more
    informative!)

    Mike
    --
    If reply address is invalid, remove spurious "@" and substitute "plus"
    where needed.

  3. Re: Psion usb to serial adaptor problem

    Did you check wich Port (COM1, COM2, ...) is associated with the serial
    adapter?
    This port must be selected in the options of psion workplace.

    Ciao,
    Christian