Battery drain. - Scion

This is a discussion on Battery drain. - Scion ; I have a 7, that is serving me well and has for a long time, but lately it has become a little silly, in the way that it drains the battery and backup while switched off. Now I always has ...

  1. Battery drain.

    I have a 7, that is serving me well and has for a long time, but lately it
    has become a little silly, in the way that it drains the battery and backup
    while switched off. Now I always has to leave it on 220 power, or it well be
    flat in 3-4 days. Anyone seen this before. I turn off by menu, by fn-esc og
    by closing it, same thing. It's like it doesn't turn as much of as it
    should. Of course it has to keep the memory alive, but normally takes much
    much longer to drain the battery. Tried with two different batteries - but
    maybe they are both bad, they do keep it on for the time they've always
    done.

    Thanks a lot.

    Lars Hesselholdt

  2. Re: Battery drain.

    Quoting Lars Hesselholdt's message of Tuesday:

    > I have a 7, that is serving me well and has for a long time, but lately it
    > has become a little silly, in the way that it drains the battery and backup
    > while switched off. Now I always has to leave it on 220 power, or it well be
    > flat in 3-4 days. Anyone seen this before. I turn off by menu, by fn-esc og
    > by closing it, same thing. It's like it doesn't turn as much of as it
    > should. Of course it has to keep the memory alive, but normally takes much
    > much longer to drain the battery. Tried with two different batteries - but
    > maybe they are both bad, they do keep it on for the time they've always
    > done.

    Is there something you've installed that might be switching the machine
    on at regular intervals and thus draining the battery, like a cron-type
    program? Alternatively, are you sure it still switches off on closing?
    It's not unknown for the switch on Series 5s to stop working, and
    perhaps this is happening with the 7.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  3. Re: Battery drain.

    Thanks, bit no such application, and if it didn't switch off it would drain
    quicker, and then switch off, not draining the backup too. It's like it is
    half swifted off. Maybe it is the pcmcia memory card that drains, I am
    trying to leave it out.
    "Damian Walker" wrote in message
    news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0808070505360.2814@nero.devel.s nigfarp.karoo.net...
    > Quoting Lars Hesselholdt's message of Tuesday:
    >
    >> I have a 7, that is serving me well and has for a long time, but lately
    >> it
    >> has become a little silly, in the way that it drains the battery and
    >> backup
    >> while switched off. Now I always has to leave it on 220 power, or it well
    >> be
    >> flat in 3-4 days. Anyone seen this before. I turn off by menu, by fn-esc
    >> og
    >> by closing it, same thing. It's like it doesn't turn as much of as it
    >> should. Of course it has to keep the memory alive, but normally takes
    >> much
    >> much longer to drain the battery. Tried with two different batteries -
    >> but
    >> maybe they are both bad, they do keep it on for the time they've always
    >> done.

    > Is there something you've installed that might be switching the machine on
    > at regular intervals and thus draining the battery, like a cron-type
    > program? Alternatively, are you sure it still switches off on closing?
    > It's not unknown for the switch on Series 5s to stop working, and perhaps
    > this is happening with the 7.
    >
    > --
    > Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    > For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  4. Re: Battery drain.

    In article <489ef738$0$15879$edfadb0f@dtext01.news.tele.dk>,
    "Lars Hesselholdt" wrote:

    > Thanks, bit no such application, and if it didn't switch off it would drain
    > quicker, and then switch off, not draining the backup too. It's like it is
    > half swifted off. Maybe it is the pcmcia memory card that drains, I am
    > trying to leave it out.

    If I were guessing at a cause, I would guess you have a faulty capacitor
    in the Psion battery power circuit, that is allowing a a small trickle
    of power through all the time. Enough extra drain to empty the batteries.

    --
    http://www.ericlindsay.com

+ Reply to Thread