How to test touch screen? - Scion

This is a discussion on How to test touch screen? - Scion ; Hi all! Until a few minutes ago my 5mx was working fine, but now the touch screen does not respond. The 5mx runs fine otherwise and the keyboard works too. But without touch, I cannot switch between programs! How can ...

  1. How to test touch screen?

    Hi all!
    Until a few minutes ago my 5mx was working fine, but now the touch
    screen does not respond. The 5mx runs fine otherwise and the keyboard
    works too. But without touch, I cannot switch between programs!

    How can I test whether the touch screen has a mechanical fault, or
    just needs to be recalibrated?

    Your helpful comments are much appreciated!
    --
    TorbenGB

  2. Re: How to test touch screen?

    Never mind, I got it working again!
    I used keyboard shortcuts found here:
    http://www.ericlindsay.com/epoc/mkeys5.htm

    1) Ctrl+E to close the current app (Time) and go to System.
    2) Shift+Ctrl+E to close all apps.
    3) Shift+Ctrl+Fn+K to soft-reset the Psion.

    After booting, it worked again!! Hooray, I don't need to have it
    repaired for the third time this year, or switch to iPhone or other
    just yet. I'm glad.

    --
    TorbenGB

  3. Re: How to test touch screen?

    In article
    <43c4fe2c-7e83-4de8-9373-6c2e633cb967@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    TorbenGB wrote:

    > Never mind, I got it working again!
    > I used keyboard shortcuts found here:
    > http://www.ericlindsay.com/epoc/mkeys5.htm
    >
    > 1) Ctrl+E to close the current app (Time) and go to System.
    > 2) Shift+Ctrl+E to close all apps.
    > 3) Shift+Ctrl+Fn+K to soft-reset the Psion.
    >
    > After booting, it worked again!! Hooray, I don't need to have it
    > repaired for the third time this year, or switch to iPhone or other
    > just yet. I'm glad.

    Glad the keyboard shortcuts are still of use.

    --
    http://www.ericlindsay.com

+ Reply to Thread