psion 5mx screen - Scion

This is a discussion on psion 5mx screen - Scion ; Hello, i have a psion series 5mx but in the screen appears a vertical lines. is there any posibility that can fix it? many thanks...

  1. psion 5mx screen

    Hello, i have a psion series 5mx but in the screen appears a vertical
    lines.

    is there any posibility that can fix it?

    many thanks

  2. Re: psion 5mx screen

    ghost128k wrote:
    > Hello, i have a psion series 5mx but in the screen appears a vertical
    > lines.
    >
    > is there any posibility that can fix it?

    You might want to check out www.psionflexi.co.uk

    But, having said that, I bought one and more or less destroyed my MC218
    trying to fix it. My second option was to buy a 5mx on ebay, which might
    be cheaper/easier (except that the PC emulator xtm doesn't work any
    more, since it was licensed to the dead machine - but who needs it any
    more?).

    Frank

  3. Re: psion 5mx screen

    Quoting Frank Peelo's message of Friday:

    > You might want to check out www.psionflexi.co.uk But, having said
    > that, I bought one and more or less destroyed my MC218 trying to fix
    > it.

    You can of course get PsionFlexi to fix it for you, which was what I
    did, after my brother checked out the machine inside and declared the
    job beyond his capability and/or patience. I already knew it was beyond
    mine!

    > My second option was to buy a 5mx on ebay, which might be
    > cheaper/easier (except that the PC emulator xtm doesn't work any more,
    > since it was licensed to the dead machine - but who needs it any
    > more?).

    I'd always recommend having a spare for those who can afford it, but
    when you buy a secondhand machine, how long will it be before problems
    appear on that? Secondhand 5mx machines on eBay are still going for
    much more than a PsionFlexi repair.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

+ Reply to Thread