SyoSSH on Netbook - stuck in tiny font - Scion

This is a discussion on SyoSSH on Netbook - stuck in tiny font - Scion ; The process of booting my new Netbook up into the kind of web worthiness I'd like to have proceeds. One of the applications I use a lot to get remote access to my office filestore and facilities is PuTTY. The ...

  1. SyoSSH on Netbook - stuck in tiny font

    The process of booting my new Netbook up into the kind of web
    worthiness I'd like to have proceeds. One of the applications I use a
    lot to get remote access to my office filestore and facilities is
    PuTTY. The nearest approximation to this on the Netbook appears to be
    SyoSSH from Sourceforge.

    Using an Orinoco Gold wifi card with Opera I managed to struggle
    through to doing a successful download of the zip file to the
    Netbook's filestore. I'm now using that successfully installed SyoSSH
    to post this from the Netbook using wifi. The awkward problem that
    suffers from is being locked into the tiniest possible font
    size. There's plenty of room in the Netbook's screen to use a larger
    font, but with CTRL M disabled by the SyoSSH I'm stuck for a way of
    doing it.

    --
    Chris Malcolm cam@infirmatics.ed.ac.uk DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]

  2. Re: SyoSSH on Netbook - stuck in tiny font

    Chris Malcolm wrote:
    >The process of booting my new Netbook up into the kind of web
    >worthiness I'd like to have proceeds. One of the applications I use a
    >lot to get remote access to my office filestore and facilities is
    >PuTTY. The nearest approximation to this on the Netbook appears to be
    >SyoSSH from Sourceforge.

    If you're not wedded to that particular software, I've found my
    Netbook's a lot happier running MindTerm SSH (in Java).
    http://firedrake.org/roger/psion/ssh2.html has more details and download
    pointers.

    Roger

+ Reply to Thread