Re: Psion 5 MX emulator - Scion

This is a discussion on Re: Psion 5 MX emulator - Scion ; On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:10:20 +0100, "Mike McConnell" wrote: > >"skinnymediumlattetodrinkinplease" wrote in message >news:vLAMa.1026$ju6.9032@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net... > >> Please could anyone tell me whether there's an application which I can run >> under Windows XP to allow me to view ...

  1. Re: Psion 5 MX emulator

    wrote:

    >"skinnymediumlattetodrinkinplease" wrote in message
    >
    >> Please could anyone tell me whether there's an application which I can run
    >> under Windows XP to allow me to view and update files transferred from my
    >> Psion 5 MX in exactly the way that the applications built into the Psion
    >> will and which will then let me transfer the updated files (agenda,

    >contacts
    >> etc.) back onto the Psion?

    >Each of the ER5 SDKs (Software Development Kits) includes the 'emulator'
    >which runs under Windows. The SDKs are in the "netPad" section of the
    >developer's area on the Teklogix website - www.psionteklogix.com
    >
    >If you get totally stuck trying to find the SDKs, and are in the UK, email
    >me privately and I may be able to help.

    do you know of anything that emulates in linux?

  2. Re: Psion 5 MX emulator

    Quoting richard seed's message of Wednesday:

    > do you know of anything that emulates in linux?

    The ER5 emulator works fine under Wine in Linux. You need to run the
    install tool Setup.exe first. Although EPOC.EXE and all the other files
    appear to be in place already, the emulator is sometimes unable to find
    its support files (such as the surrounding graphics and the virtual C/Z
    drives) if you don't run the Setup process first.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

+ Reply to Thread