    which are of very good quality, and the latest of which was released
    just last October.

    So, which is your favourite EPOC puzzle game, and why? And which one do
    you happen to be playing at the moment?

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  2. Re: EPOC32 Puzzle Games

    On 2008-02-14 08:07:12 +0000, Damian Walker said:

    > So, which is your favourite EPOC puzzle game, and why? And which one
    > do you happen to be playing at the moment?

    Probably Psi-Jong becuase of the quality of the graphics on a netBook.
    My second choice would be the addictive tile fall, mostly because I
    managed a freaky high score that my wife is still trying to beat.

    Unfortunately I don't play any EOPC games now as I haven't used a Psion
    in a few years now (
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  3. Re: EPOC32 Puzzle Games

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:07:12 +0000, Damian Walker
    wrote:

    >Hello everyone,
    >snipped>
    >So, which is your favourite EPOC puzzle game, and why? And which one do
    >you happen to be playing at the moment?

    Sokoboxx on my 5mx is my all time favourite puzzle. I find it
    addictive, and not so easy as it becomes boring. Stylus control makes
    the game very simple and intuitive to use. Additionally, there are so
    many separate grids to solve, I'll most probably never complete them
    all in my lifetime.

    Neil

  4. Re: EPOC32 Puzzle Games

    Quoting Steve Hodgson's message of Yesterday:

    > Probably Psi-Jong becuase of the quality of the graphics on a netBook. My
    > second choice would be the addictive tile fall, mostly because I managed a
    > freaky high score that my wife is still trying to beat.

    Psi-Jong is one of the best looking games on the Psion, mainly because
    of the background graphics. I'm trying to remember whether they can be
    activated on the Series 5 too, I'm sure such a thing can be done in one
    of the games I tried.

    When I registered Chain Reaction I got a registration for Tile Fall too,
    so I'm going to have to give that a try at some point.

    > Unfortunately I don't play any EOPC games now as I haven't used a Psion in a
    > few years now (

    Perhaps it's time to dig the Psion out, even if just for entertainment
    purposes!

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  5. Re: EPOC32 Puzzle Games

    Quoting Neil's message of Yesterday:

    > Sokoboxx on my 5mx is my all time favourite puzzle. I find it
    > addictive, and not so easy as it becomes boring. Stylus control makes
    > the game very simple and intuitive to use. Additionally, there are so
    > many separate grids to solve, I'll most probably never complete them
    > all in my lifetime.

    I like Sokoban type games, too. There are a couple of other clones on
    the Psion: Sokoban by Web Sailor, and SokobanOS by Dennis Hage. They
    both seem to use a different level set to Sokoboxx. But I think
    Sokobox/RMRBoxx looks the best.

    For a favourite I'd have a hard time choosing between Alignment and
    Vexed, both of which look fantastic on the just about all machines. But
    having picked up Psion's Game Arcade a month or two ago, I've been
    playing Tac Tile quite a bit recently. That has a very pleasing
    isometric viewpoint and the graphics are very well drawn. I'm also
    intrigued by the fact that it has a level editor and can be customised
    via OPL.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  6. Re: EPOC32 Puzzle Games

    On 2008-02-18 07:19:12 +0000, Damian Walker said:

    > Quoting Steve Hodgson's message of Yesterday:
    >
    >> Probably Psi-Jong becuase of the quality of the graphics on a netBook.
    >> My second choice would be the addictive tile fall, mostly because I
    >> managed a freaky high score that my wife is still trying to beat.

    > Psi-Jong is one of the best looking games on the Psion, mainly because
    > of the background graphics. I'm trying to remember whether they can be
    > activated on the Series 5 too, I'm sure such a thing can be done in one
    > of the games I tried.
    >
    > When I registered Chain Reaction I got a registration for Tile Fall
    > too, so I'm going to have to give that a try at some point.
    >
    >> Unfortunately I don't play any EOPC games now as I haven't used a Psion
    >> in a few years now (

    > Perhaps it's time to dig the Psion out, even if just for entertainment
    > purposes!

    Just tried Tile Fall again on my wife's Revo and remembered how
    addictive it is. Not quite up there with Bejeweled on a Treo but very
    good. That score of 5660 is going to take some beating I reckon,
    especially as there are probably only ten registered users on the
    planet now!
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  7. Re: EPOC32 Puzzle Games

    Quoting Steve Hodgson's message of Yesterday:

    > Just tried Tile Fall again on my wife's Revo and remembered how addictive it
    > is. Not quite up there with Bejeweled on a Treo but very good. That score of
    > 5660 is going to take some beating I reckon, especially as there are probably
    > only ten registered users on the planet now!

    If you like bejewelled, there are two equivalents that you can play on a
    Psion.

    Collector by Gilles Contastin is well-finished but won't work on a Revo,
    it needs something with a bigger screen (Series 5 or better). It's
    available from the page http://pagesperso-orange.fr/psions5-3495/ along
    with a lot of other good games.

    Less pretty is pgBalls by "Psion-Games" (nothing to do with
    Psion themselves). The advantage is that this one runs on everything
    from the Osaris to the netBook, including the Revo. It's available from
    http://www.tucows.net/preview/156296

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

+ Reply to Thread