5mx and MC218 Screen Click - Scion

This is a discussion on 5mx and MC218 Screen Click - Scion ; Hello everyone, I've noticed that the Ericsson MC218 and Psion 5mx appear to have much quieter screen and key clicks than my Revo, Series 7, and Series 5 Classic. All have screen and key clicks set to Quiet. Is this ...

  1. 5mx and MC218 Screen Click

    Hello everyone,

    I've noticed that the Ericsson MC218 and Psion 5mx appear to have much
    quieter screen and key clicks than my Revo, Series 7, and Series 5
    Classic. All have screen and key clicks set to Quiet. Is this normal
    on these machines? I would have thought that my 5mx had a defective
    speaker if it wasn't for the fact that the MC218 behaves the same way.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  2. Re: 5mx and MC218 Screen Click

    Damian Walker wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I've noticed that the Ericsson MC218 and Psion 5mx appear to have much
    > quieter screen and key clicks than my Revo, Series 7, and Series 5
    > Classic. All have screen and key clicks set to Quiet. Is this normal
    > on these machines? I would have thought that my 5mx had a defective
    > speaker if it wasn't for the fact that the MC218 behaves the same way.

    Though my 5 Classic has broken long ago I hadn't noticed the change in
    key clicks when I first used a 5mxPRO. But then again I don't use key
    clicks very much but screen clicks. And for me "quiet" seems to work
    just like I expect: give a _quiet_ click.

    --
    Oliver

  3. Re: 5mx and MC218 Screen Click

    Quoting Oliver N. Kuehlwein's message of Tuesday:

    > Though my 5 Classic has broken long ago I hadn't noticed the change in
    > key clicks when I first used a 5mxPRO. But then again I don't use key
    > clicks very much but screen clicks. And for me "quiet" seems to work
    > just like I expect: give a _quiet_ click.

    It's been confirmed to me in another place that the 5mx and MC218 are
    quieter, at a given volume setting, than earlier and later models.
    Perhaps it was an experimental change that Psion decided to reverse.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

+ Reply to Thread