IMAP on Email - Scion

This is a discussion on IMAP on Email - Scion ; Hello everyone, I'd like to experiment with using IMAP on the Psion 5mx. My Email Getting Started Guide tells me, in the section Setting up the Email Program, that I can, "If the Mailbox type line is displayed, choose the ...

  1. IMAP on Email

    Hello everyone,

    I'd like to experiment with using IMAP on the Psion 5mx. My Email
    Getting Started Guide tells me, in the section Setting up the Email
    Program, that I can, "If the Mailbox type line is displayed, choose the
    mailbox type, e.g. 'POP3' or 'IMAP'." This refers to the dialog box for
    adding new email accounts.

    I can't get any further, though, as the Mailbox type line is never
    displayed. I've tried this on all my ER5 machines. Each of which credits
    IMAP programmers in the About dialog box, so the feature should
    apparently be present. Is there some hocus pocus I need to do to get
    this line to appear?

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  2. Re: IMAP on Email

    Damian Walker wrote:

    >I'd like to experiment with using IMAP on the Psion 5mx.

    Be aware that you don't get much this way - IMAP is treated as just
    another download protocol, rather than being used for its intended
    purposes of keeping a consistent remote mailbox.

    Roger

  3. Re: IMAP on Email

    Quoting Roger Burton West's message of Yesterday:

    > Be aware that you don't get much this way - IMAP is treated as just
    > another download protocol, rather than being used for its intended
    > purposes of keeping a consistent remote mailbox.

    Thanks, it does look like I'd be wasting my time with it. What I really
    wanted was for sent mail to be stored remotely on my own mail server, so
    it could be more easily archived, but I'll have to think of another
    solution.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    For email replies, substitute "psion" for "damian" in my email address.

  4. Re: IMAP on Email

    >t I'll have to think of another
    > solution.

    yes