nFTP problem - Scion

This is a discussion on nFTP problem - Scion ; Hello! I've been using nFTP successfully across a number of EPOC machines. Recently, launching the program on one of my Series 5 classics gives me a "Folder not found" error in a dialog. Clicking the only dialog button (I can't ...

  1. nFTP problem

    Hello!

    I've been using nFTP successfully across a number of EPOC machines.
    Recently, launching the program on one of my Series 5 classics gives me
    a "Folder not found" error in a dialog. Clicking the only dialog button
    (I can't remember whether it's Cancel or OK) quits nFTP and returns me
    to the system screen.

    I've tried deleting its ini file in C:\System\Apps\nFTP. I've tried
    uninstalling, making sure that the above folder (and
    D:\System\Apps\nFTP) are gone, and reinstalling again. I've verified
    that my memory isn't playing tricks on me, and that nFTP does run on ER3
    machines: it's still happily running on the other 5 classic.

    What folder is it looking for, and can I create it (or is it not that
    simple)?

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/psion/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  2. Re: nFTP problem

    Quoting Damian Walker's message of Today:

    > What folder is it looking for, and can I create it (or is it not that
    > simple)?

    As expected, another idea occurred to me immediately after I posted
    this. Just in case anyone's interested: if you set a Standard Folder
    other than C:\Documents (see Preferences), then you delete that folder,
    remember to go back into Preferences and set the standard folder back to
    C:\Documents (or some other folder that exists). When you go into
    Preferences it will SAY it's C:\Documents, but unless you explicitly OK
    this, nFTP won't work.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/

+ Reply to Thread