A proper email client for EPOC - Scion

This is a discussion on A proper email client for EPOC - Scion ; This is probably old hat to most of you, but if you're fed up with EPOC Mail's mangling of text and especially headers you might want to take a look at XJMail. I've had no trouble installing or using it ...

  1. A proper email client for EPOC

    This is probably old hat to most of you, but if you're fed up with EPOC
    Mail's mangling of text and especially headers you might want to take a
    look at XJMail. I've had no trouble installing or using it even though I
    don't speak Japanese.

    http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/ktkawabe/densha_e.html

  2. Re: A proper email client for EPOC

    Quoting Roger Burton West's message of Yesterday:

    > This is probably old hat to most of you, but if you're fed up with EPOC
    > Mail's mangling of text and especially headers you might want to take a
    > look at XJMail. I've had no trouble installing or using it even though I
    > don't speak Japanese.

    I'm curious to know what mangling of text and headers you're referring
    to. I'm not implying it doesn't happen, but the only problem I've had
    with ER5 Email is its lack of built-in, proper old-fashioned quoting of
    emails in reply.

    > http://www.hi-ho.ne.jp/ktkawabe/densha_e.html

    I'll take a look, though, as this sounds very interesting.

    --
    Damian - http://psion.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  3. Re: A proper email client for EPOC

    Damian Walker wrote:

    >I'm curious to know what mangling of text and headers you're referring
    >to. I'm not implying it doesn't happen, but the only problem I've had
    >with ER5 Email is its lack of built-in, proper old-fashioned quoting of
    >emails in reply.

    It ignores Reply-To: headers when replying to mail; it doesn't add
    when sending mail it sets Reply-To: the sender, which causes trouble on
    mailing lists. The second might just about have been forgiveable in
    1998; the others were not.

    (And it rewraps anything it decides is a paragraph, which makes fixing
    the quoting more of a chore than it needs to be.)

    Roger

  4. Re: A proper email client for EPOC

    Quoting Roger Burton West's message of Wednesday:

    > It ignores Reply-To: headers when replying to mail; it doesn't add
    > and when sending mail it sets Reply-To: the sender, which causes
    > trouble on mailing lists. The second might just about have been
    > forgiveable in 1998; the others were not. (And it rewraps anything it
    > decides is a paragraph, which makes fixing the quoting more of a chore
    > than it needs to be.)

    Ah, quite a catalogue, then. I must admit I use EPOC email (5mx/MC218
    version) only on a corporate mail system, where people are generally
    less technically aware. Doubtless if I was trying to use it for
    personal email then some of these things would annoy me.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

+ Reply to Thread