New Periodical - Scion

This is a discussion on New Periodical - Scion ; Hello everyone, I've launched a very modest periodical that focuses on games for EPOC32. Currently it's in 4-page A5 leaflet format, to be issued monthly. I'm keeping it this small to make sure I have time to keep it going, ...

  1. New Periodical

    Hello everyone,

    I've launched a very modest periodical that focuses on games for EPOC32.
    Currently it's in 4-page A5 leaflet format, to be issued monthly. I'm
    keeping it this small to make sure I have time to keep it going, so it
    doesn't go the way of some more ambitious projects we've seen. You can
    download the first issue from the Psion section of my homepage:
    http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/

    By the way, due to limited web space, issues won't stay on line forever,
    so it will be gone in January (hopefully replaced by the next issue).

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  2. Re: New Periodical

    Damian Walker wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I've launched a very modest periodical that focuses on games for EPOC32.
    > Currently it's in 4-page A5 leaflet format, to be issued monthly. I'm
    > keeping it this small to make sure I have time to keep it going, so it
    > doesn't go the way of some more ambitious projects we've seen. You can
    > download the first issue from the Psion section of my homepage:
    > http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/

    Hi Damian,

    thank you for your efforts for the old Psion.
    I tried to download your file to my 5MXpro, but neither with Web nor
    with Opera I could find it on your website. I don't get any links to
    navigate anywhere or download anything.

    --
    Oliver

  3. Re: New Periodical

    Oliver N. Kuehlwein wrote:
    > Damian Walker wrote:
    >
    >>Hello everyone,
    >>
    >>I've launched a very modest periodical that focuses on games for EPOC32.
    >>Currently it's in 4-page A5 leaflet format, to be issued monthly. I'm
    >>keeping it this small to make sure I have time to keep it going, so it
    >>doesn't go the way of some more ambitious projects we've seen. You can
    >>download the first issue from the Psion section of my homepage:
    >>http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/

    > Hi Damian,
    >
    > thank you for your efforts for the old Psion.
    > I tried to download your file to my 5MXpro, but neither with Web nor
    > with Opera I could find it on your website. I don't get any links to
    > navigate anywhere or download anything.

    I found it! There's a Psion button on the front page, which takes you to
    a list of games; at the top of the list of games there's a line saying

    NEW! A leaflet periodical, EPOC Entertainer, about games and gaming on
    the EPOC32 platform. Issue #1 can be downloaded here.

    the word "here" is a link to

    http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/damian/index.html

    Thanks Damian

    Frank

  4. Re: New Periodical

    Quoting Oliver N. Kuehlwein's message of Monday:

    > thank you for your efforts for the old Psion.
    > I tried to download your file to my 5MXpro, but neither with Web nor
    > with Opera I could find it on your website. I don't get any links to
    > navigate anywhere or download anything.

    For some reason, Web doesn't like some large pages and the Psion page is
    large (it contains an HTML list of all Psion 5 games I know about). The
    URL for the magazine leaflet itself is:

    http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/dam...rtainer-01.pdf

    As the PDF is intended for printing (it's 4 pages of A5 on a
    double-sided A4 sheet) it might be easier to download it to a desktop
    machine and print than to view on the Psion with PDF or PDF+.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  5. Re: New Periodical

    Frank Peelo wrote:
    > Oliver N. Kuehlwein wrote:
    > > Damian Walker wrote:
    > >
    > >>Hello everyone,
    > >>
    > >>I've launched a very modest periodical that focuses on games for EPOC32.
    > >>Currently it's in 4-page A5 leaflet format, to be issued monthly. I'm
    > >>keeping it this small to make sure I have time to keep it going, so it
    > >>doesn't go the way of some more ambitious projects we've seen. You can
    > >>download the first issue from the Psion section of my homepage:
    > >>http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/

    > > Hi Damian,
    > >
    > > thank you for your efforts for the old Psion.
    > > I tried to download your file to my 5MXpro, but neither with Web nor
    > > with Opera I could find it on your website. I don't get any links to
    > > navigate anywhere or download anything.

    > I found it! There's a Psion button on the front page, which takes you to

    With your help I found it, but the front page is not http://damian.
    snigfarp.karoo.net/

    > a list of games; at the top of the list of games there's a line saying
    >
    > NEW! A leaflet periodical, EPOC Entertainer, about games and gaming on
    > the EPOC32 platform. Issue #1 can be downloaded here.
    >
    > the word "here" is a link to
    >
    > http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/damian/index.html

    Yes, this works, thank you Frank!

    Back to the op. Great work. I'm eager to read the next issues because
    the programming tutorial sounds very interesting.

    --
    Oliver

  6. Re: New Periodical

    > By the way, due to limited web space, issues won't stay on line forever,
    > so it will be gone in January (hopefully replaced by the next issue).

    Hi Damian

    Thanks for this. I look forward to seeing more in the future! On the
    subject of server space, I have tonnes available and wouldn't mind you
    using this to host your issues if you want. Let me know.

    Cheers
    Gary

    neuon at skankee.com

  7. Re: New Periodical

    Damian Walker wrote:
    > Quoting Oliver N. Kuehlwein's message of Monday:
    >
    > > thank you for your efforts for the old Psion.
    > > I tried to download your file to my 5MXpro, but neither with Web nor
    > > with Opera I could find it on your website. I don't get any links to
    > > navigate anywhere or download anything.

    > For some reason, Web doesn't like some large pages and the Psion page is
    > large (it contains an HTML list of all Psion 5 games I know about). The

    Web doesn't like large _tables_ as it renders them in a way that they
    can be copied and pasted into Sheet directly. That's the reason why it
    seems to hang on your specific page with the list of psion games. The
    other pages work flawlessly.

    > URL for the magazine leaflet itself is:
    >
    > http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/dam...rtainer-01.pdf
    >
    > As the PDF is intended for printing (it's 4 pages of A5 on a
    > double-sided A4 sheet) it might be easier to download it to a desktop
    > machine and print than to view on the Psion with PDF or PDF+.

    Thank you for the direct link but with Frank's help I've managed to
    download it already. I think the problem was that your posted link:
    http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/ brings up a different page (IMHO http:
    //damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/index.html) than the one posted by Frank:
    http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/damian/index.html.
    Viewing the leaflet with PDF works very well here and having the
    tutorials handy on my Psion looks like a good idea to me. Again, thank
    you for your efforts!

    --
    Oliver

  8. Re: New Periodical

    Quoting Oliver N. Kuehlwein's message of Yesterday:

    > Back to the op. Great work. I'm eager to read the next issues because
    > the programming tutorial sounds very interesting.

    I'm glad you like the tutorial, the more feedback I have about this the
    better, as I hope to follow it with others. I might well do a
    programming competition in later issues too.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  9. Re: New Periodical

    Quoting Gary Belcher's message of Yesterday:

    > Thanks for this. I look forward to seeing more in the future! On the subject
    > of server space, I have tonnes available and wouldn't mind you using this to
    > host your issues if you want. Let me know.

    Thanks! You're welcome to collect up the issues as I publish them and
    put them on line. I'll announce each issue here as it's released.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  10. Re: New Periodical

    Quoting Oliver N. Kuehlwein's message of Yesterday:

    > Web doesn't like large _tables_ as it renders them in a way that they
    > can be copied and pasted into Sheet directly. That's the reason why it
    > seems to hang on your specific page with the list of psion games. The
    > other pages work flawlessly.

    Ah, that explains a lot. I'll probably have to find a way to break the
    database down when I find it a permanent home, then.

    > Thank you for the direct link but with Frank's help I've managed to
    > download it already. I think the problem was that your posted link:
    > http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/ brings up a different page (IMHO http:
    > //damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/index.html) than the one posted by Frank:
    > http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/damian/index.html.

    Ah yes, the problem is that I use JavaScript to redirect from the main
    page to the correct site, depending on URL. Since I doubt I'll ever get
    around to freelance web design I might replace that main page with a
    menu.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  11. Re: New Periodical

    In message o.net>
    Damian Walker wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I've launched a very modest periodical that focuses on games for EPOC32.
    > Currently it's in 4-page A5 leaflet format, to be issued monthly. I'm
    > keeping it this small to make sure I have time to keep it going, so it
    > doesn't go the way of some more ambitious projects we've seen. You can
    > download the first issue from the Psion section of my homepage:
    > http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/

    Thank you, Damian!

    I think a simple but expressive content is exactly what we need these
    days to stick together and keep things going.

    Alex'

    --
    Free Ebooks (PDF): http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/
    To reply use bavariasound (AT) chiemgau-net (point) de

+ Reply to Thread