Wireless card for 7Book? - Scion

This is a discussion on Wireless card for 7Book? - Scion ; Hi...I recently bought a Psion Series 7, & a netBook Personality Module, off eBay. I'm just getting in to the swing of it, but would like to investigate wireless access. I've looked around for a Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11GP, but they seem ...

  1. Wireless card for 7Book?

    Hi...I recently bought a Psion Series 7, & a netBook Personality
    Module, off eBay. I'm just getting in to the swing of it, but would
    like to investigate wireless access. I've looked around for a Buffalo
    WLI-PCM-L11GP, but they seem hard to find. Is anyone successfully
    using any other type of wireless card? I don't *think* it matters what
    revision my Series 7 is (was), although - just in case - if memory
    serves it was a '751' (I think) which makes it...an early model?
    Anyway, the netBook Personality Module was a straight-forward
    replacement, and I'm very happy with it. If anyone knows of suitable
    alternative wireless cards, please let me know.

    Cheers ... Mark (in the UK!)

  2. Re: Wireless card for 7Book?

    Hi Mark,

    I stil have some cards for sale, even the Buffalo. Email has been sent to
    you!

    Richard

    "Cap'n" schreef in bericht
    news:1193496573.211682.201730@50g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi...I recently bought a Psion Series 7, & a netBook Personality
    > Module, off eBay. I'm just getting in to the swing of it, but would
    > like to investigate wireless access. I've looked around for a Buffalo
    > WLI-PCM-L11GP, but they seem hard to find. Is anyone successfully
    > using any other type of wireless card? I don't *think* it matters what
    > revision my Series 7 is (was), although - just in case - if memory
    > serves it was a '751' (I think) which makes it...an early model?
    > Anyway, the netBook Personality Module was a straight-forward
    > replacement, and I'm very happy with it. If anyone knows of suitable
    > alternative wireless cards, please let me know.
    >
    > Cheers ... Mark (in the UK!)

  3. Re: Wireless card for 7Book?

    I suggest:

    without WAP/WEP: Cisco 340 (I sell it for 29 eur at pulster.eu)

    with WAP/WEP: Orinoco Gold 16bit PCMCIA (rarly on ebay)

    Christoph

  4. Re: Wireless card for 7Book?

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:55:00 +0100, Christoph Pulster wrote
    (in article ):

    > I suggest:
    >
    > without WAP/WEP: Cisco 340 (I sell it for 29 eur at pulster.eu)
    >
    > with WAP/WEP: Orinoco Gold 16bit PCMCIA (rarly on ebay)
    >

    > Christoph

    Thanks for the info Christoph - I've had someone offer me a Buffalo card
    though.

    Cheers ... Mark

+ Reply to Thread