exract zip files? - Scion

This is a discussion on exract zip files? - Scion ; Is there a program / methode to extract zip files on a psion 5 device? martijn (Just asking . . :-)...

  1. exract zip files?

    Is there a program / methode to extract zip files on a psion 5 device?

    martijn

    (Just asking . . :-)

  2. Re: exract zip files?

    Hi Martijn,

    Try out on of these:

    Essential System Tools
    Zip Manager, Smart Find, Recycle Bin
    http://www.penreader.com/Psion/Essen...tem_Tools.html

    nArchive
    Shareware E10. Compress files not needed at the moment. Simple and fast two
    panel archive and disk interface, handles SIS installed files automatically.
    You can optionally specify groups to be created manually and set which files
    and folders are involved. Also archive documents and automatically open them
    in the appropriate application. www.neuon.com

    Zip Manager
    Epocware ZIP Manager is an archive/compression tool for your Psion. It lets
    you unzip, directly on your Psion, files and programs downloaded from the
    Internet in ZIP format. Produce your own ZIP files for archiving
    infrequently used files and programs to save free space on your Psion.
    Compatible with PKZip, Zip and WinZip software for DOS and Windows.
    Shareware. www.epocware.com/

    Zippy - backup tool
    Rick Gillyon. Backs up the entire C drive. Go to "Psion Stuff" and check out
    Zippy. *But* you need a registered version of RMRZip to use it. Backup to
    CF. Macro for Macro 5 (several others on site). www.gillyon.com/

    RMRZip
    This program is the ultimate archive/compression tool for the
    Symbian OS V5.0 series of machines. It is compatible with PKZip V2.04g and
    WinZip 6.2 (and above) for Windows. It allows you to unzip and install
    programs downloaded in ZIP format, as well as producing your own ZIP files
    for program distribution or archiving. The essential tool for every palmtop
    owner. http://www.rmrsoft.com/epoc/zip.htm

    Richard van Stappershoef

    "Martijn" schreef in bericht
    > Is there a program / methode to extract zip files on a psion 5 device?
    >
    > martijn
    >
    > (Just asking . . :-)

  3. Re: exract zip files?

    Quoting Richard van Stappershoef's message of Monday:

    > http://www.penreader.com/Psion/Essen...tem_Tools.html
    > Shareware. www.epocware.com/

    Unfortunately neither of these places appears to have EPOC software on
    offer (strangely in the case of Epocware), it's all for newer Symbian
    platforms. Do you know of alternative download links for these
    programs?

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  4. Re: exract zip files?

    Richard,

    Het is geworden "RMRZip"
    The winner is "RMRZip"

    thankx

    "Richard van Stappershoef" schreef in
    bericht news:4713ab5f$0$59936$dbd4d001@news.wanadoo.nl...
    > Hi Martijn,
    >
    > Try out on of these:
    >
    > Essential System Tools
    > Zip Manager, Smart Find, Recycle Bin
    > http://www.penreader.com/Psion/Essen...tem_Tools.html
    >
    > nArchive
    > Shareware E10. Compress files not needed at the moment. Simple and fast
    > two panel archive and disk interface, handles SIS installed files
    > automatically. You can optionally specify groups to be created manually
    > and set which files and folders are involved. Also archive documents and
    > automatically open them in the appropriate application. www.neuon.com
    >
    > Zip Manager
    > Epocware ZIP Manager is an archive/compression tool for your Psion. It
    > lets you unzip, directly on your Psion, files and programs downloaded from
    > the Internet in ZIP format. Produce your own ZIP files for archiving
    > infrequently used files and programs to save free space on your Psion.
    > Compatible with PKZip, Zip and WinZip software for DOS and Windows.
    > Shareware. www.epocware.com/
    >
    > Zippy - backup tool
    > Rick Gillyon. Backs up the entire C drive. Go to "Psion Stuff" and check
    > out Zippy. *But* you need a registered version of RMRZip to use it. Backup
    > to CF. Macro for Macro 5 (several others on site). www.gillyon.com/
    >
    > RMRZip
    > This program is the ultimate archive/compression tool for the
    > Symbian OS V5.0 series of machines. It is compatible with PKZip V2.04g and
    > WinZip 6.2 (and above) for Windows. It allows you to unzip and install
    > programs downloaded in ZIP format, as well as producing your own ZIP files
    > for program distribution or archiving. The essential tool for every
    > palmtop owner. http://www.rmrsoft.com/epoc/zip.htm
    >
    > Richard van Stappershoef
    >
    > "Martijn" schreef in bericht
    >> Is there a program / methode to extract zip files on a psion 5 device?
    >>
    >> martijn
    >>
    >> (Just asking . . :-)

  5. Re: exract zip files?

    http://web.archive.org/web/200602232...tem_Tools.html
    http://web.archive.org/web/200412290...tem_Tools.html

    "Damian Walker" schreef in bericht
    news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0710170634160.26255@nero.devel. snigfarp.karoo.net...
    > Quoting Richard van Stappershoef's message of Monday:
    >
    >> http://www.penreader.com/Psion/Essen...tem_Tools.html
    >> Shareware. www.epocware.com/

    > Unfortunately neither of these places appears to have EPOC software on
    > offer (strangely in the case of Epocware), it's all for newer Symbian
    > platforms. Do you know of alternative download links for these programs?
    >
    > --
    > Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    > Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

+ Reply to Thread