Eee PC - Another Potential Psion replacement - Scion

This is a discussion on Eee PC - Another Potential Psion replacement - Scion ; Cheap, powerful, relatively small and it runs Linux... My Psion may finally meet its maker... http://www.reghardware.com/2007/10/0...ches_minibook/...

  1. Eee PC - Another Potential Psion replacement

    Cheap, powerful, relatively small and it runs Linux...

    My Psion may finally meet its maker...

    http://www.reghardware.com/2007/10/0...ches_minibook/

  2. Re: Eee PC - Another Potential Psion replacement

    On 10 Oct, 21:15, Gerald H wrote:
    > Cheap, powerful, relatively small and it runs Linux...
    >
    > My Psion may finally meet its maker...
    >
    > http://www.reghardware.com/2007/10/0...ches_minibook/

    Has potential definitely. Pity about the short battery life though.

  3. Re: Eee PC - Another Potential Psion replacement

    tattygee@gmail.com wrote:
    > On 10 Oct, 21:15, Gerald H wrote:
    >
    >>Cheap, powerful, relatively small and it runs Linux...
    >>
    >>My Psion may finally meet its maker...
    >>
    >>http://www.reghardware.com/2007/10/0...ches_minibook/

    > Has potential definitely. Pity about the short battery life though.

    Two weeks out of a pair of AA batteries was certainly a point in the
    Psion's favour (and others -- the HPLX springs to mind).

    But the phrase "and RM touted the laptop's 15s boot time" is even more
    disappointing. 15 seconds may not sound like much, but compared to the
    Psion it's /ages/. And that's just booting -- do you have to start up X,
    KDE and all the apps after that?

    Frank

  4. Re: Eee PC - Another Potential Psion replacement

    Gerald H wrote:

    > Cheap, powerful, relatively small and it runs Linux...
    >
    > My Psion may finally meet its maker...
    >
    > http://www.reghardware.com/2007/10/0...ches_minibook/

    Psion replacement? The only PDA that worst the trouble is the iPhone. The
    big problem : it's not open to external applications at present.

    See a demo from Apple:

    http://www.apple.com/iphone/gettings...uidedtour.html

+ Reply to Thread