Software 4 psion 5 - Scion

This is a discussion on Software 4 psion 5 - Scion ; Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5. esspesially gps software...

  1. Software 4 psion 5

    Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    esspesially gps software

  2. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    Martijn wrote:

    > Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    > esspesially gps software

    Did you try google with psion software gps in search field?

  3. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    I mean a good site for software. With google I only find a lot of broken
    links on old site.
    And yes I know I an looking for old (fun) software

    "Iordani" schreef in bericht
    > Martijn wrote:
    >
    >> Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    >> esspesially gps software

    > Did you try google with psion software gps in search field?

  4. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    Martijn wrote:
    > Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    > esspesially gps software

    My GPS s/w for P5 is still available and free, but it's only any use with
    Garmin GPS.

    What are you hoping to do?

    Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

  5. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/cdrom.htm
    --
    John Dean
    Oxford

  6. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    On 7 Oct, 10:35, "Martijn" wrote:
    > Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    > esspesially gps software

    It doesn't fill your GPS criteria, but you can go to the following for
    other software:

    - www.skankee.com/neuon/
    - www.rmrsoftware.com
    - www.pscience5.net/lostfound.htm

  7. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    Great site's :}

    except www.rmrsoftware.com does not work anymore

    schreef in bericht
    news:1191836086.720037.118350@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    > On 7 Oct, 10:35, "Martijn" wrote:
    >> Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    >> esspesially gps software

    > It doesn't fill your GPS criteria, but you can go to the following for
    > other software:
    >
    > - www.skankee.com/neuon/
    > - www.rmrsoftware.com
    > - www.pscience5.net/lostfound.htm

  8. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    Should probably read www.RMRSoft.com

    Richard

    "Martijn" schreef in bericht
    > Great site's :}
    >
    > except www.rmrsoftware.com does not work anymore
    >

    > schreef in bericht
    > news:1191836086.720037.118350@22g2000hsm.googlegro ups.com...
    >> On 7 Oct, 10:35, "Martijn" wrote:
    >>> Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    >>> esspesially gps software

    >> It doesn't fill your GPS criteria, but you can go to the following for
    >> other software:
    >>
    >> - www.skankee.com/neuon/
    >> - www.rmrsoftware.com
    >> - www.pscience5.net/lostfound.htm

  9. Re: nSYS released

    tattygee@gmail.com wrote:
    > After what has seemed a lifetime of frantic coding on the commute
    > home, nSYS has finally been released.

    Wow, new software for our Psion. Thank you very much!
    [...]
    > nSYS is not designed to be a complete replacement for the EPOC32
    > system application, but more of an extension for those of us who miss
    > the Series 3.x style of working. nSYS will automatically trawl through
    > your entire directory structure and present your documents underneath
    > the application icon to which they relate, regardless of their
    > location. You will never lose a document again!

    Hm, I'm going to download it soon, but how fast can the whole directory
    structure be scanned if one has an 1 GB CF card?
    --
    Oliver

  10. Re: nSYS released

    On 9 Oct, 09:36, News041...@kuehlwein.net (Oliver N. Kuehlwein) wrote:
    > tatty...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > After what has seemed a lifetime of frantic coding on the commute
    > > home, nSYS has finally been released.

    > Wow, new software for our Psion. Thank you very much!
    > [...]> nSYS is not designed to be a complete replacement for the EPOC32
    > > system application, but more of an extension for those of us who miss
    > > the Series 3.x style of working. nSYS will automatically trawl through
    > > your entire directory structure and present your documents underneath
    > > the application icon to which they relate, regardless of their
    > > location. You will never lose a document again!

    > Hm, I'm going to download it soon, but how fast can the whole directory
    > structure be scanned if one has an 1 GB CF card?
    > --
    > Oliver

    I won't lie to you Oliver, it will take a while. As long as you
    install nSYS to the C drive, the interrogation of your CF card
    shouldn't be unbearably long at all (I hope). That is why I have
    provided the facility to use multiple search folders in the event that
    there are specific folders (And sub folders) you would like nSYS to
    target. It is also written in OPL which is not the fastest way to
    program such things. In time I may rewrite it in C++.

    Gary

  11. Re: nSYS released

    On 9 Oct, 09:36, News041...@kuehlwein.net (Oliver N. Kuehlwein) wrote:
    > tatty...@gmail.com wrote:
    > > After what has seemed a lifetime of frantic coding on the commute
    > > home, nSYS has finally been released.

    > Wow, new software for our Psion. Thank you very much!
    > [...]> nSYS is not designed to be a complete replacement for the EPOC32
    > > system application, but more of an extension for those of us who miss
    > > the Series 3.x style of working. nSYS will automatically trawl through
    > > your entire directory structure and present your documents underneath
    > > the application icon to which they relate, regardless of their
    > > location. You will never lose a document again!

    > Hm, I'm going to download it soon, but how fast can the whole directory
    > structure be scanned if one has an 1 GB CF card?
    > --
    > Oliver

    I forgot to say, the initial scan may take a while, but if you don't
    add/delete many files (As I tend to do) nSYS will chug along quite
    happily using the previous indexed documents from the initial scan. It
    doesn't continuously scan your Psion due to the battery drain this can
    cause (I'm still working on this).

  12. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    "Martijn" wrote in message
    > Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    > esspesially gps software

    What do you want to do and with what GPS?

    There is a lot of very good software around, but unfortunately most of it is
    rather dated now and it rarely supports the newer GPS models.

  13. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    I wanted to check if some software sopported my CF-gps adapter. Indeed not
    a change.

    "M.I.5" schreef in bericht

    > "Martijn" wrote in message
    >> Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    >> esspesially gps software
    >>

    > What do you want to do and with what GPS?
    >
    > There is a lot of very good software around, but unfortunately most of it
    > is rather dated now and it rarely supports the newer GPS models.

  14. Re: Software 4 psion 5

    "Martijn" wrote in message
    >I wanted to check if some software sopported my CF-gps adapter. Indeed not
    >a change.

    Most software is designed to support a standard NMEA datastream, but as a
    standard NMEA datastream is transmitted via an RS-232 interface, it doesn't
    respond to a GPS unit interfaced through the CF slot. You would need a
    suitable driver, but I rather suspect that one may be difficult, if not
    impossible, to find.

    > "M.I.5" schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Martijn" wrote in message
    >>> Does anybody know a good site for software for the psion 5.
    >>> esspesially gps software
    >>>

    >> What do you want to do and with what GPS?
    >>
    >> There is a lot of very good software around, but unfortunately most of it
    >> is rather dated now and it rarely supports the newer GPS models.

+ Reply to Thread