Low contrast on 5mx, nearly no backlight either - Scion

This is a discussion on Low contrast on 5mx, nearly no backlight either - Scion ; Hi, As told in another posting, my 5mx now suffers from very low contrast (has crept up slowly, over years of use) and the backlight is very, very faint. If anyone has ideas how to fix this, I would appreciate ...

  1. Low contrast on 5mx, nearly no backlight either

    Hi,

    As told in another posting, my 5mx now suffers from very low contrast (has
    crept up slowly, over years of use) and the backlight is very, very faint.

    If anyone has ideas how to fix this, I would appreciate it!

    Regards,
    John

  2. Re: Low contrast on 5mx, nearly no backlight either

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:59:37 +0200, John X Ample wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > As told in another posting, my 5mx now suffers from very low contrast
    > (has crept up slowly, over years of use) and the backlight is very, very
    > faint.
    >
    > If anyone has ideas how to fix this, I would appreciate it!

    What about a Revo? The screen was always a bit better than the original
    Series 5. POS Ltd still offer reconditioned
    Psions I think.

    They may also be able to repair or replace the screen on the 5mx. I've
    used them twice to keep my wife's Revo going and they have been very good.
    --
    Cheers,

    Steve

    The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
    Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

  3. Re: Low contrast on 5mx, nearly no backlight either

    "Steve Hodgson" schreef in bericht

    > What about a Revo? The screen was always a bit better than the original
    > Series 5. POS Ltd still offer reconditioned
    > Psions I think.

    Never thought about that. The smaller form factor would be nice, actually!

    I'll see in to that, I need to see if my software can run ok on the Revo.

    > They may also be able to repair or replace the screen on the 5mx. I've
    > used them twice to keep my wife's Revo going and they have been very good.

    There seems to be high praise on the 'Net for them. I've got some other
    options going right now, if these fail (or take too long) I'll order a
    refurb 5mx from them and have them try to repair my 5mx and 3c.

    Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread