Sticky case problem with 3c - Scion

This is a discussion on Sticky case problem with 3c - Scion ; Just to get some closure: The case is now spraypainted a glossy black (Krylon Fusion, won't flake when used on plastic) and I can honestly say that the case looks better than when I got it new. Thanks all, John...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Sticky case problem with 3c

    Just to get some closure:

    The case is now spraypainted a glossy black (Krylon Fusion, won't flake when
    used on plastic) and I can honestly say that the case looks better than when
    I got it new.

    Thanks all,
    John

  2. Re: Sticky case problem with 3c

    John X Ample opined
    >Just to get some closure:
    >
    >The case is now spraypainted a glossy black (Krylon Fusion, won't flake when
    >used on plastic) and I can honestly say that the case looks better than when
    >I got it new.

    But does it work? ;-)

    Mike

    Michael J Davis

    <><
    "Unlimited trust should only be placed in the real Word of the
    Revelation that we encounter in the faith transmitted by the Church"
    Cardinal Ratzinger
    <><

  3. Re: Sticky case problem with 3c

    Damian Walker wrote:

    > The only way I can imagine this being a problem is if some of the
    > alcohol, or perhaps some of the rubbed-off rubber, got into the machine
    > somewhere. Have you tried giving the machine a hard reset? If there's
    > nothing wrong with the hardware, you might find you have a working spare
    > machine there.

    Nah, it's dead Jim. I eventually took it apart and looked at it with a
    magnifier; the daughter board had some corrosion. May be coincidence.

    Anyway, John had sense to take the case off before plying it with
    alcohol, so the discussion is moot.

    Frank

  4. Re: Sticky case problem with 3c

    "Michael J Davis"

    >>... I can honestly say that the case looks better than when
    >> I got it new.

    > But does it work? ;-)

    ;-) Yes, it does!

    John