IR from 5mx/RevoPlus to Sony K510i phone - Scion

This is a discussion on IR from 5mx/RevoPlus to Sony K510i phone - Scion ; Can anyone put me out of my misery. All I want to do is transfer some plain text from the 5mx and/or Revo plus to a Sony K510i phone via IR so I can email it. I have pIBeam up ...

  1. IR from 5mx/RevoPlus to Sony K510i phone

    Can anyone put me out of my misery.

    All I want to do is transfer some plain text from the 5mx and/or Revo plus
    to a Sony K510i phone via IR so I can email it. I have pIBeam up and
    running. The two see each other and I can send text from the phone to the
    psion but no matter what it won't go the other way.

    Am I missing something ?

  2. Re: IR from 5mx/RevoPlus to Sony K510i phone

    Quoting isthatdave's message of Yesterday:

    > All I want to do is transfer some plain text from the 5mx and/or Revo plus
    > to a Sony K510i phone via IR so I can email it. I have pIBeam up and
    > running. The two see each other and I can send text from the phone to the
    > psion but no matter what it won't go the other way.

    I don't know about using plBeam for this purpose, but I do have vague
    memories of a program called PhoneMan Pro which offered better
    integration between the Psion and some (then) newer mobile phones. It
    may be worth a few minutes' Googling to see if it supports your phone
    and does what you want.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

+ Reply to Thread