Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx - Scion

This is a discussion on Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx - Scion ; Hi, I am one of those that just can't get rid of my beloved Psion, even if it admittedly is a big aged. But I use it every day and I can't live without it :-) When it comes to ...

  1. Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    Hi,

    I am one of those that just can't get rid of my beloved Psion, even if
    it admittedly is a big aged. But I use it every day and I can't live
    without it :-)

    When it comes to emails, I use the quite good Gmail java app for my
    Nokia 6600 phone. I like the ability to have access to my full mail
    archive from the phone, and the server based anti spam system is good,
    reducing my online cost.

    However, typing long emails on the phone is tedious. I would prefer
    writing the mails on my Psion and then transfer them to the phone as
    text files using IR.

    Alas, I can't make it work. Psion sees the phone but then it writes "The
    other machine cannot receive infrared from this machine".

    Does somebody know how to transfer files between Epoc and Symbian Series
    60 ?

    Regards,
    Martin

  2. Re: Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    On 18 Sep, 09:54, Martin Larsen
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am one of those that just can't get rid of my beloved Psion, even if
    > it admittedly is a big aged. But I use it every day and I can't live
    > without it :-)
    >
    > When it comes to emails, I use the quite good Gmail java app for my
    > Nokia 6600 phone. I like the ability to have access to my full mail
    > archive from the phone, and the server based anti spam system is good,
    > reducing my online cost.
    >
    > However, typing long emails on the phone is tedious. I would prefer
    > writing the mails on my Psion and then transfer them to the phone as
    > text files using IR.
    >
    > Alas, I can't make it work. Psion sees the phone but then it writes "The
    > other machine cannot receive infrared from this machine".
    >
    > Does somebody know how to transfer files between Epoc and Symbian Series
    > 60 ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Martin

    It is likely to be the same answer as my quite recent topic:

    Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo started on 30th May.

  3. Re: Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    Stephen wrote:

    > It is likely to be the same answer as my quite recent topic:
    >
    > Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo started on 30th May.

    Many thanks! It works perfectly!

    However, I could only find a demo version somewhere on the net. I can't
    find it on Psiloc's homepage. Since it is free now (they do in fact
    write that, even if the program apparently isn't there) could you by
    change send it to me?

    My version works well, but since it says it's a demo version, I fear it
    will stop working after a period.

    Thanks,
    Martin

  4. Re: Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    On 18 Sep, 13:15, Martin Larsen
    wrote:
    > Stephen wrote:
    > > It is likely to be the same answer as my quite recent topic:

    > > Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo started on 30th May.

    > Many thanks! It works perfectly!
    >
    > However, I could only find a demo version somewhere on the net. I can't
    > find it on Psiloc's homepage. Since it is free now (they do in fact
    > write that, even if the program apparently isn't there) could you by
    > change send it to me?
    >
    > My version works well, but since it says it's a demo version, I fear it
    > will stop working after a period.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Martin

    You get all the free Psiloc software and free keys from here:
    https://www.drmcommonsolutions.com/Psion/

  5. Re: Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    Stephen wrote:

    > You get all the free Psiloc software and free keys from here:
    > https://www.drmcommonsolutions.com/Psion/

    Thanks a million!

    Martin

  6. Re: Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    Martin Larsen wrote:

    > Does somebody know how to transfer files between Epoc and Symbian Series
    > 60 ?

    The plBeam utility helps Psions talk to more modern phones. I use it
    to retrieve JPG files from my camera phone. I don't have the URL to
    hand, but a Google search should get you to a suitable download site,

    --
    Damian Walker
    Add SAUSAGE to the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap

  7. Re: Transferring files from my Nokia 6600 to Psion 5mx

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Larsen View Post
[...]

    Martin#
    I know exactly what you mean, the Psion with its touch typeable keyboard and software still beats the Blackberry hands down. I have a Psion 5 which is on its last legs and have acquired a Nokia Internet Tablet. Does anyone know how to transfer datafiles and word docs in EPOC to the Nokia Tablet?
    John

+ Reply to Thread