3a Installing an .app program - Scion

This is a discussion on 3a Installing an .app program - Scion ; Hi I installed an .opa file without any problems (then uninstalled it) but now I want to install JBDate which has an app extension. When I go to Install on the Menu it doesn't seem to 'see' jbdata.app even though ...

  1. 3a Installing an .app program

    Hi
    I installed an .opa file without any problems (then uninstalled it) but now
    I want to install JBDate which has an app extension. When I go to Install on
    the Menu it doesn't seem to 'see' jbdata.app even though it immediately saw
    the opa file. Have I got the wrong program for my Psion?

    Evi

  2. Re: 3a Installing an .app program

    Evi wrote:

    > Hi
    > I installed an .opa file without any problems (then uninstalled it) but
    > now I want to install JBDate which has an app extension. When I go to
    > Install on the Menu it doesn't seem to 'see' jbdata.app even though it
    > immediately saw the opa file. Have I got the wrong program for my Psion?

    As I remember, there where no automatic install process for programs for
    the 3a. They used to come with a readme.txt file where the programmer gave
    instructions where to put things.

    Anyway, both opa and app are valid formats for the 3a.

  3. Re: 3a Installing an .app program

    "Iordani" wrote in message
    > Evi wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > > I installed an .opa file without any problems (then uninstalled it) but
    > > now I want to install JBDate which has an app extension. When I go to
    > > Install on the Menu it doesn't seem to 'see' jbdata.app even though it
    > > immediately saw the opa file. Have I got the wrong program for my Psion?

    > As I remember, there where no automatic install process for programs for
    > the 3a. They used to come with a readme.txt file where the programmer

    gave
    > instructions where to put things.
    >
    > Anyway, both opa and app are valid formats for the 3a.

    Thanks Iordani. I had to copy it directly into the folder called Apps and
    then it installed fine. Brilliant program!
    Evi

  4. Re: 3a Installing an .app program

    Evi wrote:

    >> As I remember, there where no automatic install process for programs for
    >> the 3a. They used to come with a readme.txt file where the programmer

    > gave
    >> instructions where to put things.
    >>
    >> Anyway, both opa and app are valid formats for the 3a.

    > Thanks Iordani. I had to copy it directly into the folder called Apps and
    > then it installed fine. Brilliant program!

    Come to think of it, instructions for to handle my brilliant mastermind
    program

    Copy to OPL-folder and
    Save as any-name (<= 8 character name)
    Open
    A Translate will make a OPO module in the OPO folder.
    Pick from list and enjoy

    At least something along that line...

+ Reply to Thread