mains adaptor for Canada - Scion

This is a discussion on mains adaptor for Canada - Scion ; I have a 3a that up to now have powered with batteries, but I would like to use a mains adaptor. Does anyone know what I can use here in Canada? Many thanks!...

  1. mains adaptor for Canada

    I have a 3a that up to now have powered with batteries, but
    I would like to use a mains adaptor. Does anyone know what
    I can use here in Canada?

    Many thanks!

  2. Re: mains adaptor for Canada

    George Tillman wrote:

    > I have a 3a that up to now have powered with batteries, but
    > I would like to use a mains adaptor. Does anyone know what
    > I can use here in Canada?

    Maybe you can find something here?
    http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQsassZraffaelo333

    Nice to here from people still using the 3a...

  3. Re: mains adaptor for Canada

    George Tillman wrote:
    > I have a 3a that up to now have powered with batteries, but
    > I would like to use a mains adaptor. Does anyone know what
    > I can use here in Canada?
    >
    > Many thanks!

    Any old power supply that can be set to deliver 9V centre connector
    negative with a matching plug will do. I think that most supplies with an
    adjustable regulated output and a choice of plugs will suffice.

    Cheers, Mike.
    --
    If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

  4. Re: mains adaptor for Canada

    Hi,
    Yes 9 volts but be careful of those universal adapters that have several
    settings. I find that the two I have (different manufacturers) always
    deliver much more voltage than the setting intend - even under load. Invest
    in a low cost DC Voltmeter with sharp pointed probes and after checking the
    voltage from a universal adapter when not connected, select the voltage
    switch to give you no more than 10 volts and then check the voltage when
    connected to the 3a through the insulation with the probes.

    The original Psion North American adapter supplies 9 volts and 200mA.

    I still use a 3a, it is an excellent machine.

    Chris (in Vancouver, B.C.)
    "Mike Coon" wrote in message
    > George Tillman wrote:
    > > I have a 3a that up to now have powered with batteries, but
    > > I would like to use a mains adaptor. Does anyone know what
    > > I can use here in Canada?
    > >
    > > Many thanks!

    > Any old power supply that can be set to deliver 9V centre connector
    > negative with a matching plug will do. I think that most supplies with an
    > adjustable regulated output and a choice of plugs will suffice.
    >
    > Cheers, Mike.
    > --
    > If reply address = connectfee, add an r because it is free not fee.

+ Reply to Thread