Good replacement for the 3mx? - Scion

This is a discussion on Good replacement for the 3mx? - Scion ; Hi The Psion 3mx has followed me for years, but are there a good replacement - especially I want the spreadsheet and word applications to be good and as handy as the 3-series. Regards Henning. Please Remove in E-mail when ...

  1. Good replacement for the 3mx?

    Hi

    The Psion 3mx has followed me for years, but are there a good
    replacement - especially I want the spreadsheet and word applications
    to be good and as handy as the 3-series.

    Regards
    Henning.
    Please Remove in E-mail when used directly: hen-jens@mail.REMOVEtele.dk.

  2. Re: Good replacement for the 3mx?

    Quoting Henning Jensen's message of Yesterday:

    > The Psion 3mx has followed me for years, but are there a good
    > replacement - especially I want the spreadsheet and word applications
    > to be good and as handy as the 3-series.

    The only good replacements I could think of are another 3mx, or a 5mx.
    I've had a pocket Windows Mobile device with the cut down office
    applications, and they're nowhere near as useful as the Psions.

    --
    Damian - http://damian.snigfarp.karoo.net/
    Put "sausage" in the subject of email replies to avoid my spam trap.

  3. Re: Good replacement for the 3mx?

    Hi Henning,

    For my purposes the Psion 3x machines are still better than any alternatives.

    First, they are adequate keyboard machines (as a stroke victim my handwriting is still unreliable and/or illegible).
    Second, the software (built-in and third party) covers all my non-internet needs.
    Third, the Agenda is superb for my needs (scheduling my medication amongst other things).
    Fourth, they are highly portable and fairly robust.

    As an unemployed single diabetic stroke victim I have to walk at least 2 miles (say 3 kilometers) each day, do my own shopping, etc..
    My 3mx helps me in all this (with my 3cs in storage) - and I've never had to learn a new machine!.

    Take care,
    Phil.
    --
    "Time wounds all heels."

    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/index.html

  4. Re: Good replacement for the 3mx?

    On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:09:27 -0001, phil.see.website@uk.invalid (Phil
    Aypee) wrote:

    >For my purposes the Psion 3x machines are still better than any alternatives.
    >
    >First, they are adequate keyboard machines (as a stroke victim my handwriting is still unreliable and/or illegible).
    >Second, the software (built-in and third party) covers all my non-internet needs.
    >Third, the Agenda is superb for my needs (scheduling my medication amongst other things).
    >Fourth, they are highly portable and fairly robust.

    Thanks Damian and Phil. Yes I see it is not easy to find a new
    replacement for the good Psions ;-(

    >As an unemployed single diabetic stroke victim I have to walk at least 2 miles (say 3 kilometers) each day, do my own shopping, etc..
    >My 3mx helps me in all this (with my 3cs in storage) - and I've never had to learn a new machine!.

    Well I guess I need to be looking for backup 3-model too.

    Regards
    Henning.
    Please Remove in E-mail when used directly: hen-jens@mail.REMOVEtele.dk.

+ Reply to Thread