Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo - Scion

This is a discussion on Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo - Scion ; I was wondering if anyone here has a Nokia N95, who might have an answer for something I'd like to be able to do. I would like to be able to send files via infrared from my Nokia N95 to ...

  1. Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo

    I was wondering if anyone here has a Nokia N95, who might have an
    answer for something I'd like to be able to do.

    I would like to be able to send files via infrared from my Nokia N95
    to my Psion Revo. These are usually eBooks for Mobipocket reader. I
    have Mobipocket on the N95, but using it to read books, is not a
    practical proposition as I read for hours, and it chews the battery
    power up very quickly, whereas the Revo is good for a couple of days
    of reading.

    I tried setting the Revo to receive a file vie infrared, and selecting
    the file on the N95 and sending it via infrared, but the N95 quits
    saying that a connection couldn't be established.

    Am I likely to ever get this working?

  2. Re: Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo

    "Stephen" wrote in message
    news:1179748449.103307.250050@36g2000prm.googlegro ups.com...

    > I was wondering if anyone here has a Nokia N95, who might have an
    > answer for something I'd like to be able to do.
    >
    > I would like to be able to send files via infrared from my Nokia N95
    > to my Psion Revo. These are usually eBooks for Mobipocket reader. I
    > have Mobipocket on the N95, but using it to read books, is not a
    > practical proposition as I read for hours, and it chews the battery
    > power up very quickly, whereas the Revo is good for a couple of days
    > of reading.
    >
    > I tried setting the Revo to receive a file vie infrared, and selecting
    > the file on the N95 and sending it via infrared, but the N95 quits
    > saying that a connection couldn't be established.
    >
    > Am I likely to ever get this working?

    They speak different languages. You need to download a little utiltiy
    called plBeam to the Revo. It is now free.

  3. Re: Transferring files from Nokia N95 to Psion Revo

    On 30 May, 07:48, "M.I.5" wrote:
    > "Stephen" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1179748449.103307.250050@36g2000prm.googlegro ups.com...
    >

    > > I was wondering if anyone here has a Nokia N95, who might have an
    > > answer for something I'd like to be able to do.

    > > I would like to be able to send files via infrared from my Nokia N95
    > > to my Psion Revo. These are usually eBooks for Mobipocket reader. I
    > > have Mobipocket on the N95, but using it to read books, is not a
    > > practical proposition as I read for hours, and it chews the battery
    > > power up very quickly, whereas the Revo is good for a couple of days
    > > of reading.

    > > I tried setting the Revo to receive a file vie infrared, and selecting
    > > the file on the N95 and sending it via infrared, but the N95 quits
    > > saying that a connection couldn't be established.

    > > Am I likely to ever get this working?

    > They speak different languages. You need to download a little utiltiy
    > called plBeam to the Revo. It is now free.

    Fantastic!! Thanks that is brilliant.

+ Reply to Thread