French/English Keyboard - Scion

This is a discussion on French/English Keyboard - Scion ; I have an opportunity to buy a 5mx at a good price. The rub is that it is a French version (Actually being delivered from French Canada). I'm pretty certain reinstalling the OS in english will not be a problem. ...

  1. French/English Keyboard

    I have an opportunity to buy a 5mx at a good price. The rub is that it is a
    French version (Actually being delivered from French Canada).

    I'm pretty certain reinstalling the OS in english will not be a problem.
    However, the keyboard may be another story. Is there anyway to remap the
    keyboard? Does anyone know where I can view the layout of the French version?
    Any recommendations?
    Thanks

  2. Re: French/English Keyboard

    Hi,

    Using another OS might not be a great problem if the OS is in RAM (5mx Pro).
    If it's in ROM (5mx) you cannot effectively do it (though Linux on a CF might be an option).

    You can find programs to change the keyboard layout - one was written to allow the Dvorak layout to be used.
    Then it's just a question of moving the key caps.

    Of course, you could learn French!

    Take care,
    Phil.
    --