.prg-files on netBook - Scion

This is a discussion on .prg-files on netBook - Scion ; Hi, I have here a file called Pdf+.prg and like to install it on my Psion netBook but it fails. All I know is that the file should be called pdf+.SYS, not .prg. A rename doesn't work. Does somebody know ...

  1. .prg-files on netBook

    Hi,

    I have here a file called Pdf+.prg and like to install it on my Psion
    netBook but it fails. All I know is that the file should be called
    pdf+.SYS, not .prg. A rename doesn't work. Does somebody know more about
    it or give a hint to install it?

    Many thanks in advance,

    Alex'

    --
    To reply by email, replace "noreply" by "bavariasound"
    A7000+ with RISCO OS 4.39 Venusberg / Upper Bavaria

  2. Re: .prg-files on netBook

    http://www.mbrainsoftware.com/Psion.htm#Psion

    --
    http://www.ericlindsay.com

  3. Re: .prg-files on netBook

    In message
    Eric Lindsay wrote:

    > In article <6382f3d24e%noreply@chiemgau-net.de>,
    > Alex' Interrants wrote:
    >
    > > I have here a file called Pdf+.prg and like to install it on my Psion
    > > netBook but it fails. All I know is that the file should be called
    > > pdf+.SYS, not .prg. A rename doesn't work. Does somebody know more about
    > > it or give a hint to install it?

    > http://www.mbrainsoftware.com/Psion.htm#Psion

    I found there just the demo version which I have still installed.

    The prg-file is in a folder of a top-ten-CD and it should be the full
    release. I don't like to pay for PDF+-viewer because I have it here and
    it isn't supported anymore.

    Alex'

    --
    To reply by email, replace "noreply" by "bavariasound"
    Groggy A7000+ with RISCO OS 4.39 Venusberg / Upper Bavaria

  4. Re: My new series 5

    Hi Andrew,

    There is a Psion 5 (not 5mx) forum at
    http://www.pdastreet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
    and joining is free.
    That's probably where most of your questions will be answered

    As regards your particular problem, I imagine the menu on the System screen allows you to change the default disk.
    Certainly the programs will have a menu option Save As. The CF card will be Disk D.
    It might need formatting in the Psion (again from the system screen).

    I don't have a 5 myself so I don't really know about them but I'm sure others will be happy to help.

    Take care,
    Phil.
    --
    "Time wounds all heels."

    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/index.html

  5. Re: .prg-files on netBook

    Hi Alex,

    If you can't buy it from mBrain, post here again.
    (I think the eAddress is info@mBrainSoftware.com).

    Take care,
    Phil.
    --
    "Time wounds all heels."

    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/index.html

  6. Re: .prg-files on netBook

    I don't think you're right; just a few months ago I bought my copy directly
    from Sander van der Wal (the autor of PDF+).
    Just send him an email.

    Regards,

    Richard

    "Alex' Interrants" schreef in bericht
    > In message
    > Eric Lindsay wrote:
    >
    >> In article <6382f3d24e%noreply@chiemgau-net.de>,
    >> Alex' Interrants wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have here a file called Pdf+.prg and like to install it on my Psion
    >> > netBook but it fails. All I know is that the file should be called
    >> > pdf+.SYS, not .prg. A rename doesn't work. Does somebody know more
    >> > about
    >> > it or give a hint to install it?

    >> http://www.mbrainsoftware.com/Psion.htm#Psion

    > I found there just the demo version which I have still installed.
    >
    > The prg-file is in a folder of a top-ten-CD and it should be the full
    > release. I don't like to pay for PDF+-viewer because I have it here and
    > it isn't supported anymore.
    >
    > Alex'
    >
    > --
    > To reply by email, replace "noreply" by "bavariasound"
    > Groggy A7000+ with RISCO OS 4.39 Venusberg / Upper Bavaria
    > http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/

+ Reply to Thread