Epoc Battery Meter - Scion

This is a discussion on Epoc Battery Meter - Scion ; I've had my 5mx for just over a week now and I'm still very much in the "getting used to Epoc" stage. So far, mostly so good,* but I'm finding the lack of a battery meter a little annoying. Does ...

  1. Epoc Battery Meter

    I've had my 5mx for just over a week now and I'm still very much in the
    "getting used to Epoc" stage.

    So far, mostly so good,* but I'm finding the lack of a battery meter a
    little annoying.

    Does anybody know of an on-screen battery indicator that doesn't sit as a
    task on the device?

    *mostly good; the 5mx and Windows XP notebook connect fine most of the time
    but occasionally the 5mx won't connect and only a hard reset has cured this
    so far... Oh and Agenda feels "wrong" after many years with a PalmOS
    device...

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  2. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    >So far, mostly so good,* but I'm finding the lack of a battery meter a
    >little annoying.

    check under main menu, under infos, battery...

    this should give you the batt indicator

  3. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    >the 5mx and Windows XP notebook connect fine most of the time
    >but occasionally the 5mx won't connect and only a hard reset has cured this
    >so far...

    how do you connect? serial or IRDA? If IRDA, there were problems in
    the original operating system and there is a patch for it.

  4. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    "Otto Sykora" wrote in message
    newstc703hqcslc7000dbop8tbiu6sihhkio8@4ax.com...
    > >the 5mx and Windows XP notebook connect fine most of the time
    >>but occasionally the 5mx won't connect and only a hard reset has cured
    >>this
    >>so far...

    > how do you connect? serial or IRDA? If IRDA, there were problems in
    > the original operating system and there is a patch for it.

    A serial connection.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  5. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    > >So far, mostly so good,* but I'm finding the lack of a battery meter a
    >>little annoying.

    > check under main menu, under infos, battery...

    Or I can use the keyboard shortcut, but I have to press keys for this... I'd
    like something not unlike the PalmOS battery bar.

    > this should give you the batt indicator

    Aie it does. I'd just like something a little easier to see.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  6. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    Hi DervMan,

    I don't know PalmOS at all but I suspect a Merlin taskbar (or bars) would be your best solution.
    Merlin, now freeware, is at http://www.pscience5.net/.
    You'll need to download all the modules and choose which extras to install, the battery meter being one.

    Agenda may well *feel* wrong but many think it (and it's SiBO predecessor) is the best organiser.
    With a Merlin taskbar properly programmed and suitable Macro5 macros plus Lieuwe De Vries' BusyView (at Pscience5 too) it's very flexible and powerful.

    Take care,
    Phil.
    --
    "Time wounds all heels."

    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/index.html

  7. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    most thing I have seen were some kind of apps running and small contrl
    (window) staying on top and could be moved somewhere, but this is not
    so much useful I think, this is then in way when working on other
    apps.

    The battery indicator is not allways correct anyway I found, some of
    the battery indicator software is just producing a short cut to what
    is already there.

  8. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    "Phil Aypee" wrote in message
    news:4608bb4c$0$21944$834e42db@reader.greatnowhere .com...
    > Hi DervMan,
    >
    > I don't know PalmOS at all but I suspect a Merlin taskbar (or bars) would
    > be your best solution.
    > Merlin, now freeware, is at http://www.pscience5.net/.

    Goodo - I'll have a look at the application.

    > You'll need to download all the modules and choose which extras to
    > install, the battery meter being one.
    >
    > Agenda may well *feel* wrong but many think it (and it's SiBO predecessor)
    > is the best organiser.

    Part of it is getting used to the device. I've used PalmOS and Windows CE /
    PocketPC / Windows Mobile for the longest time with only a few sniffs at
    Epoc32. I use a third party datebook application with my current PalmOS
    device... this works a treat, but then I'm used to it of course...

    > With a Merlin taskbar properly programmed and suitable Macro5 macros plus
    > Lieuwe De Vries' BusyView (at Pscience5 too) it's very flexible and
    > powerful.

    It's already a flexible and powerful device, I'm getting used to it though.

    --
    The DervMan
    www.dervman.com

  9. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    On Mar 23, 9:14 am, "DervMan" wrote:
    > *mostly good; the 5mx and Windows XP notebook connect fine most of the time
    > but occasionally the 5mx won't connect and only a hard reset has cured this
    > so far.

    I found that if I run CPU-intensive stuff then PsiWin won't connect.
    SETI@home is an extreme example of such an app. When that doesn't run,
    PsiWin always connects. Don't know why this is so, after all with
    multitasking this should happen, but you might want to test this for
    yourself.

  10. Re: Epoc Battery Meter

    also when on the PC something pushes the breaks it is so. On on eof my
    PC antivirus is mcafee. This one has to be switched off to allow
    psiwin to connect.

+ Reply to Thread