USB PsiWin Cable - Scion

This is a discussion on USB PsiWin Cable - Scion ; Hi I wish to backup my Psion 3MX to my new laptop, but the laptop doesn't have a serial port, only USB's. Can I get PsiWin cable to USB? If not, what other options are available? Many thanks enquirer...

  1. USB PsiWin Cable

    Hi

    I wish to backup my Psion 3MX to my new laptop, but the laptop doesn't have
    a serial port, only USB's.

    Can I get PsiWin cable to USB?

    If not, what other options are available?

    Many thanks

    enquirer

  2. Re: USB PsiWin Cable

    > I wish to backup my Psion 3MX to my new laptop, but the laptop doesn't
    > have a serial port, only USB's.

    Hi there,

    Please see http://www.filesaveas.com/psionfaq.html#usb

    Steve

    What really bugs you? Tell FrequencyCast at http://www.stopit2007.co.uk

  3. Re: USB PsiWin Cable

    On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:32:58 GMT, "enquirer"
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I wish to backup my Psion 3MX to my new laptop, but the laptop doesn't have
    >a serial port, only USB's.
    >
    >Can I get PsiWin cable to USB?
    >
    >If not, what other options are available?
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >enquirer

    If your laptop has a built in infrared port, you can use Infrared on
    the 3MX to make connection. If it doesn't I think you are stuck. I
    have not known any of the "USB to IR" connectors which worked
    correctly.

  4. Re: USB PsiWin Cable

    You need a USB to serial adapter (I have one for sale).
    And you also need your Psion PC serial cable.
    Connect the adapter to your USB port and your cable to the adapter.
    Your laptop will create a virtual serial port and allow data transfer.
    You need to install Psiwin also, of course.

+ Reply to Thread