Psion 3a to Mac or PC - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 3a to Mac or PC - Scion ; Hi, I have just got my hands on a Psion series 3a and want to know if I can connect it to a Mac (OS X 10.3.9) or PC (Windows XP SP2) via USB. Any other pointers to using the ...

  1. Psion 3a to Mac or PC

    Hi,

    I have just got my hands on a Psion series 3a and want to know if I can
    connect it to a Mac (OS X 10.3.9) or PC (Windows XP SP2) via USB.

    Any other pointers to using the Psion itself would be appreciated,
    though it looks pretty self-explanatory.

    Richard

  2. Re: Psion 3a to Mac or PC

    rjb_usenet@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just got my hands on a Psion series 3a and want to know if I can
    > connect it to a Mac (OS X 10.3.9) or PC (Windows XP SP2) via USB.
    >
    > Any other pointers to using the Psion itself would be appreciated,
    > though it looks pretty self-explanatory.
    >
    > Richard

    You can connect your 3a to your Windows PC via a serial adapter, not
    uncommon on eBay. I have a spare one for sale if you're interested.
    It's afectionately known as "soap on a rope".
    You can also get a serial to USB adapter, but you'll still need the 3a
    adapter. The USB connection creates a virtual serial connection, so it
    won't be any faster. You need it only if your computer doesn't have a
    serial port.
    You need Psiwin 1.1 software for your 3a to communicate with
    practically any version of Windows.
    It's easily downloadable from any number of web sites.
    As far as MacIntoshes go, I have no idea.

  3. Re: Psion 3a to Mac or PC

    Hi Richard,

    When you get the thing sorted you might eMail me as I've got quite a lot of software for the 3a (and 3c/mx).

    I'd need to know it's RAM and what SSDs (if any) you use.

    The 3a/c/mx are excellent machines, stillvery useful - I use mine every day.

    Take care,
    Phil.
    --
    "Time wounds all heels."