Routeplanner for Psion 5 mx wanted - Scion

This is a discussion on Routeplanner for Psion 5 mx wanted - Scion ; Hi guys, I just bought a Psion 5mx and want to buy Routeplanner and Street planning software for it. What I am hoping it will do is plan a route from "A" to "B" (in England) and then I can ...

  1. Routeplanner for Psion 5 mx wanted

    Hi guys,
    I just bought a Psion 5mx and want to buy Routeplanner and Street
    planning software for it.
    What I am hoping it will do is plan a route from "A" to "B" (in
    England) and then I can have it set in a cradle on the dashboard so I
    can see the directions. Only problem is that I can't find anywhere that
    sells it. There was a time a few years ago when you couldn't move on
    eBay for stuff like this but it all seems to have gone to Silicon
    Heaven.
    Any clues on this or even similar software?
    Cheers,
    Steve

  2. Re: Routeplanner for Psion 5 mx wanted

    this was done by tom-tom, they are still in bussines, but if they are
    ready to sell their version for psion I dont know. It is also not
    maintained, so it was something like 2001 the last update I think.
    There was separate software for routeplaner and street planer, route
    one could have whole europe or just one country, the dtreet planer you
    had to load each city to be able to use it.

    can you contact me by e-mail? I could see if I have the install file
    still.

  3. Re: Routeplanner for Psion 5 mx wanted

    "Steve" wrote in message
    news:1168256081.347482.198560@38g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi guys,
    > I just bought a Psion 5mx and want to buy Routeplanner and Street
    > planning software for it.
    > What I am hoping it will do is plan a route from "A" to "B" (in
    > England) and then I can have it set in a cradle on the dashboard so I
    > can see the directions. Only problem is that I can't find anywhere that
    > sells it. There was a time a few years ago when you couldn't move on
    > eBay for stuff like this but it all seems to have gone to Silicon
    > Heaven.
    > Any clues on this or even similar software?
    > Cheers,

    For the whole of the UK and Europe, Palmtop Route Planner Millenium is what
    you seek.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palmtop-Rout.../dp/B000050XTL

    For individual town and cities, Tom Tom produce a version for Psion, Win CE
    and Palm. TomTom Citymaps V3.0 appears to be available at

    http://www.filedonkey.com/url/E92719...A6B965CBE14BBD

    but I can't confirm as the page is blocked from here.

    To connect them together and to compile route data files for uploading to
    popular GPS devices, GaRoute still available at

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...e_software.htm

    This will also provide automated displays from both the above giving turn
    information, map and GPS data.

  4. Re: Routeplanner for Psion 5 mx wanted

    Thanks for the help, guys.
    I think I may have tracked down the original software.
    Routeplanner Millenium and City maps.

+ Reply to Thread