NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly - Scion

This is a discussion on NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly - Scion ; Has anyone else heard of this curious occurrance? I bought a NetBook 2nd hand recently and all was going well until I notices that the time setting has been altered 1hr back. It is as if something had reset the ...

  1. NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly

    Has anyone else heard of this curious occurrance?
    I bought a NetBook 2nd hand recently and all was going well until I
    notices that the time setting has been altered 1hr back. It is as if
    something had reset the time. Alarms in Agenda were 1hr late in
    sounding. Annoying to say the least.

    The time is set to 'Summertime=>Southern +1hr' and it ocurred to me
    that somehow something was ignoring the summertime setting. I run few
    third-party apps, but one I do suspect is ChaDis7, which keeps track
    of the system time as part of its operations.

    Any chance that some app might be ignoring the summertime setting and
    re-setting the time?

    Brian

    --
    Auckland NEW ZEALAND

  2. Re: NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly

    quattro@clear.net.nz wrote:
    > Has anyone else heard of this curious occurrance?
    > I bought a NetBook 2nd hand recently and all was going well until I
    > notices that the time setting has been altered 1hr back. It is as if
    > something had reset the time. Alarms in Agenda were 1hr late in
    > sounding. Annoying to say the least.
    >
    > The time is set to 'Summertime=>Southern +1hr' and it ocurred to me
    > that somehow something was ignoring the summertime setting. I run few
    > third-party apps, but one I do suspect is ChaDis7, which keeps track
    > of the system time as part of its operations.
    >
    > Any chance that some app might be ignoring the summertime setting and
    > re-setting the time?
    >
    > Brian
    >
    > --
    > Auckland NEW ZEALAND

    I don't think there's anything wrong with your Netbook. Mine also is
    set to change the time and it won't do it automatically - has to be
    done manually.

  3. Re: NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly

    In article <1166108318.312921.247700@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    Bob G wrote:
    > quattro@clear.net.nz wrote:
    > > Has anyone else heard of this curious occurrance?
    > > I bought a NetBook 2nd hand recently and all was going well until
    > > I notices that the time setting has been altered 1hr back. It is
    > > as if something had reset the time.

    > I don't think there's anything wrong with your Netbook. Mine also is
    > set to change the time and it won't do it automatically - has to be
    > done manually.

    My problem is that the time changes without my doing anything!
    One day it's right on time, next day it's an hour fast.

    I know that Summertimes have to be set manually whenever summertime
    comes around, but I'm referring to a spontaneous jump ahead one hour.
    It's happened twice in the last few weeks. Each time it's happened I
    notice that all my other (manual) settings such as home, summertime,
    metric/imperial, etc are retained. Just the actual time is wrong by
    1hr. The first time it happened I was puzzled, but after checking that
    the other settings were unaltered I typed in the correct time. Then a
    couple of weeks later an alarm failed to sound. The time was again
    moved 1hr ahead! Maybe ChasDis7 is doing it? I'm watching it like a hawk!

  4. Re: NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly

    quattro@clear.net.nz wrote:

    > Any chance that some app might be ignoring the summertime setting and
    > re-setting the time?

    I have never heard of this problem before.
    If you suspect some software, try uninstalling it and see if problem
    disappears.

  5. Re: NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly

    I believe there's an option to synchronize your Netbook's time with
    your PC time - check it out, maybe it's your PC that's acting up.

  6. Re: NetBook loses 1hr Suddenly

    In article <1166193755.061098.254520@79g2000cws.googlegroups.c om>,
    Bob G wrote:

    > I believe there's an option to synchronize your Netbook's time with
    > your PC time - check it out, maybe it's your PC that's acting up.

    Good point. Thanks.
    This may have happened after such a PC connect-up.

    Must try to make it happen!

+ Reply to Thread