netBook WiFi not working - Scion

This is a discussion on netBook WiFi not working - Scion ; Well, I have not used my netBook for quite a while and needed it this week. The battery was flat and so was the backup battery. I fixed the power and reloaded the OS from the CF and then restored ...

  1. netBook WiFi not working

    Well,

    I have not used my netBook for quite a while and needed it this week. The
    battery was flat and so was the backup battery. I fixed the power and
    reloaded the OS from the CF and then restored my backup from the CF - then
    attempted to go online.

    Nothing ...

    I put the WiFi card in a friend's laptop and it was recognised, so I think
    it is still working just fine.
    Last time I used the netBook, I used WiFi and everything functioned
    perfectly.

    Clues ? This machine is useless to me without network access, so any ideas
    as to why it might have stopped would be welcome. If it is a hardware
    (motherboard) failure, it may be time to scrap it

    Dr. Dweeb

    ps: Another item that seems broken is that attemoting to access the task
    list gives an error. This may be some incorrectly de-installed software -
    but doubt it is relevant to my problem.

  2. Re: netBook WiFi not working

    Hi Dr.Dweeb,

    What are your Ethernet settings on your netBook?

    Richard
    (Psioncollector and user from the Netherlands)

    PS Even when broken, please do not throw any Psion-"thing"away! Just send
    them to me for my Psionmuseum, please.

    "Dr. Dweeb" schreef in bericht
    news:453bf5c4$0$179$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk ...
    > Well,
    >
    > I have not used my netBook for quite a while and needed it this week. The
    > battery was flat and so was the backup battery. I fixed the power and
    > reloaded the OS from the CF and then restored my backup from the CF - then
    > attempted to go online.
    >
    > Nothing ...
    >
    > I put the WiFi card in a friend's laptop and it was recognised, so I think
    > it is still working just fine.
    > Last time I used the netBook, I used WiFi and everything functioned
    > perfectly.
    >
    > Clues ? This machine is useless to me without network access, so any
    > ideas as to why it might have stopped would be welcome. If it is a
    > hardware (motherboard) failure, it may be time to scrap it
    >
    > Dr. Dweeb
    >
    > ps: Another item that seems broken is that attemoting to access the task
    > list gives an error. This may be some incorrectly de-installed software -
    > but doubt it is relevant to my problem.

  3. Re: netBook WiFi not working

    > PS Even when broken, please do not throw any Psion-"thing"away! Just
    > send them to me for my Psionmuseum, please.

    Can you say us a date when the museum is open for public visitors ?
    Or at least, can you please create a virtual museum with a lot of
    pictures of your Psion goodies on the web ?

    Christoph

  4. Re: netBook WiFi not working

    Richard van Stappershoef wrote:
    > Hi Dr.Dweeb,
    >
    > What are your Ethernet settings on your netBook?

    Same as they were before when it worked.
    The RFStat programn shows the device as inactive, so we are a ways to go
    before the ethernet settings might be relevant.

    DD.
    > Richard
    > (Psioncollector and user from the Netherlands)
    >
    > PS Even when broken, please do not throw any Psion-"thing"away! Just
    > send them to me for my Psionmuseum, please.
    >
    > "Dr. Dweeb" schreef in bericht
    > news:453bf5c4$0$179$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk ...
    >> Well,
    >>
    >> I have not used my netBook for quite a while and needed it this
    >> week. The battery was flat and so was the backup battery. I fixed
    >> the power and reloaded the OS from the CF and then restored my
    >> backup from the CF - then attempted to go online.
    >>
    >> Nothing ...
    >>
    >> I put the WiFi card in a friend's laptop and it was recognised, so I
    >> think it is still working just fine.
    >> Last time I used the netBook, I used WiFi and everything functioned
    >> perfectly.
    >>
    >> Clues ? This machine is useless to me without network access, so any
    >> ideas as to why it might have stopped would be welcome. If it is a
    >> hardware (motherboard) failure, it may be time to scrap it
    >>
    >> Dr. Dweeb
    >>
    >> ps: Another item that seems broken is that attemoting to access the
    >> task list gives an error. This may be some incorrectly de-installed
    >> software - but doubt it is relevant to my problem.

+ Reply to Thread