GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK - Scion

This is a discussion on GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK - Scion ; Can anyone provide me with some idiot-proof instructions on getting my 5mx, and UK T-Mobile SE K750i working with GPRS? I'm sure it's possible, and I really want to do it. Lee...

  1. GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    Can anyone provide me with some idiot-proof instructions on getting my
    5mx, and UK T-Mobile SE K750i working with GPRS?

    I'm sure it's possible, and I really want to do it.

    Lee

  2. Re: GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    Splee wrote:
    > Can anyone provide me with some idiot-proof instructions on getting my
    > 5mx, and UK T-Mobile SE K750i working with GPRS?
    >
    > I'm sure it's possible, and I really want to do it.
    >
    > Lee

    This is for a Nokia, but alot of the details might be relevant...
    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...776be5d32c6d29

  3. Re: GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    Stephen wrote:
    > Splee wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone provide me with some idiot-proof instructions on getting my
    >>5mx, and UK T-Mobile SE K750i working with GPRS?
    >>
    >>I'm sure it's possible, and I really want to do it.
    >>
    >>Lee

    > This is for a Nokia, but alot of the details might be relevant...
    > http://groups.google.co.uk/group/com...776be5d32c6d29

    Good luck my attempts at getting a 5mx to connect to a SE K700 have
    failed miserably!!!

    Simon T

  4. Re: GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    BTW: do yo uhave the mobile connectivity and irda update installed?

  5. Re: GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    Otto Sykora wrote:
    > BTW: do yo uhave the mobile connectivity and irda update installed?

    I do but have had to look to purchase a nokia phone to get this to
    work. I have tested it with the wifes 8310 and it works nicely.

    My SE k700 is going on ebay tonight.

    Simon T

  6. Re: GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    does it work with erocson on normal PC? or is there same problem?

  7. Re: GPRS on Psion 5MX with T-Mobile UK

    Splee wrote:
    > Can anyone provide me with some idiot-proof instructions on getting my
    > 5mx, and UK T-Mobile SE K750i working with GPRS?
    >
    > I'm sure it's possible, and I really want to do it.

    Yup, here we go:

    1. Install the Psion GPRS update from:
    http://www.mgmcc.myby.co.uk/MobileGPRSUpdate.zip

    2. In Control Panel -> Modems, create a new modem with the following
    settings:
    Speed: 115200
    Connect via: Infrared
    Init string: AT&FE0S0=0 (That's a Sony Ericsson specific string. Other
    phones may need something different.)
    Data init string: AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","general.t-mobile.uk" (For other
    networks, change the last bit to your APN name.)
    Terminal detect: On
    Carrier detect: On
    Modem type: Fixed Line ("Mobile" doesn't work, for some reason.)

    3. In Control Panel -> Internet, create a new service with the
    following settings:
    Connection type: Dial-up
    Use smart dialling: Off
    Dial-up number: *99***1#
    Manual login: Off
    Username: user
    Password: pass
    Get IP from server: On
    Get DNS from server: On
    Enable PPP extensions: Off (It might work with "On". Experiment.)
    Allow plain text authentication: On

    4. That's it, you're done. Don't forget to enable infra-red on your
    phone!

+ Reply to Thread