Hi,

There was much troubles for years about getting connected with a psion
5 on a windows machine, using an usb
Irda dongle. I Also had a lot of troubles. One problem was that peoples
need to restart the PC, because after a first connection then they
couldn't reconnect (with Psiwin 2.3.3). Now, i have read a lot about
that, and never
seen my solution posted : One must not only re-initialise the psion's
connection by toggling between cable - infrared, but also toggle the
speed setting (between 9600 19200 and reverse, that 's working, maybe
other setting also), on both PC and Psion. That is working for me, and
i get 100 % reconnection now. If you don't connected, play with the
speed setting.

hope this helps in the future.

laurent h