Psion 5MX pen spring part - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 5MX pen spring part - Scion ; Does anyone know where I might be able to get the black plastic (nylon?) part of the pen release catch for a Psion 5MX. A small piece of plastic had broken off mine and so it won't retain the pen ...

  1. Psion 5MX pen spring part

    Does anyone know where I might be able to get the black plastic (nylon?)
    part of the pen release catch for a Psion 5MX. A small piece of plastic
    had broken off mine and so it won't retain the pen anymore.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Psion 5MX pen spring part

    In article , Gerald H
    wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I might be able to get the black plastic (nylon?)

    From inside a dead Psion.
    There's enough "spares or repairs" Psions going around eBay. Decide
    how much you're happy to pay and one will come along soon. Go for one with
    an obviously trashed screen ... (hmmm, nothing in the UK today ; there'll
    be one within the week).

    --
    Aidan Karley, FGS
    Aberdeen, Scotland

  3. Re: Psion 5MX pen spring part

    Aidan's tip is probably the cheapest way to do it.
    You can also ask a service center to fix it for you.

    If you're interested, I'd recommend Psion-Store
    (http://psion-store.de/home_e.htm). They're based in Germany but send
    to anywhere, and they're friendly. I've dealt with them a few times
    because of a replacement screen cable while I lived in Japan.

  4. Re: Psion 5MX pen spring part

    > Does anyone know where I might be able to get the black plastic
    > (nylon?) part of the pen release catch for a Psion 5MX.

    I have stocks of brand new genuine Psion service parts.
    You can see these in the german shop only at the moment:
    http://www.pulster.de/
    index.htm?d__stifthalter5__Stifthalterung_Psion_55 17.htm

    Feel free to order with email and ask for reduced postage costs for the
    small part.

    Christoph

+ Reply to Thread