Psion 5mx and K750i - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 5mx and K750i - Scion ; I've just got a new Sony-Ericsson K750i mobile phone. It replaced my Nokia 6230i, which did everything I wanted it to with my Psion 5mx. The K750i can sync and send SMS messages just fine. It also transfers files via ...

  1. Psion 5mx and K750i

    I've just got a new Sony-Ericsson K750i mobile phone. It replaced my
    Nokia 6230i, which did everything I wanted it to with my Psion 5mx.

    The K750i can sync and send SMS messages just fine. It also transfers
    files via PiBeam with no problems whatsoever. However, I can't for the
    life of me get it to send e-mail. The Nokia managed just fine.

    I'm using the default e-mail application with SMTPAuth, and BT Internet
    to connect to Yahoo Mail. It worked every time with the Nokia, but with
    the K750i, the thing dials up and gets as far as the Psion saying
    "Connecting", then after about a minute or two it just times out and I
    get an error message. Any pointers? It's really frustrating, as I send
    loads of e-mail from my Psion.

    >From my initial searches, it would appear that the phone is compatible,

    and some people use it with no problems, but I just can't get it to
    work.

    Am I missing something obvious?

    Lee

  2. Re: Psion 5mx and K750i

    Maybe your phone's a dud.

    My K750 works fine on a different network.

    Modem settings:

    115200 baud

    init ATZ

    flow: rts/cts

    terminal detect ticked

    carrier detect ticked

    modem type fixed line

    phone firmware R1AA008

    Probably best to take it to your supplier and try a different phone.

    Splee wrote:
    > I've just got a new Sony-Ericsson K750i mobile phone. It replaced my
    > Nokia 6230i, which did everything I wanted it to with my Psion 5mx.
    >
    > The K750i can sync and send SMS messages just fine. It also transfers
    > files via PiBeam with no problems whatsoever. However, I can't for the
    > life of me get it to send e-mail. The Nokia managed just fine.
    >
    > I'm using the default e-mail application with SMTPAuth, and BT Internet
    > to connect to Yahoo Mail. It worked every time with the Nokia, but with
    > the K750i, the thing dials up and gets as far as the Psion saying
    > "Connecting", then after about a minute or two it just times out and I
    > get an error message. Any pointers? It's really frustrating, as I send
    > loads of e-mail from my Psion.
    >
    > >From my initial searches, it would appear that the phone is compatible,

    > and some people use it with no problems, but I just can't get it to
    > work.
    >
    > Am I missing something obvious?
    >
    > Lee

  3. Re: Psion 5mx and K750i

    Noah Spamm wrote:
    > Maybe your phone's a dud.
    >
    > My K750 works fine on a different network.
    >
    > Modem settings:
    >
    > 115200 baud
    >
    > init ATZ
    >
    > flow: rts/cts
    >
    > terminal detect ticked
    >
    > carrier detect ticked
    >
    > modem type fixed line
    >
    > phone firmware R1AA008
    >
    > Probably best to take it to your supplier and try a different phone.

    I altered the settings as you suggested, but still no joy. Can you tell
    me how to find out the firmware version on the phone?

    Lee

  4. Re: Psion 5mx and K750i

    >*<<*<*

    Where < and > is joystick left/right.

    Splee wrote:
    > Noah Spamm wrote:
    > > Maybe your phone's a dud.
    > >
    > > My K750 works fine on a different network.
    > >
    > > Modem settings:
    > >
    > > 115200 baud
    > >
    > > init ATZ
    > >
    > > flow: rts/cts
    > >
    > > terminal detect ticked
    > >
    > > carrier detect ticked
    > >
    > > modem type fixed line
    > >
    > > phone firmware R1AA008
    > >
    > > Probably best to take it to your supplier and try a different phone.
    > >

    > I altered the settings as you suggested, but still no joy. Can you tell
    > me how to find out the firmware version on the phone?
    >
    > Lee

  5. Re: Psion 5mx and K750i

    Noah Spamm wrote:
    > >*<<*<*

    > Where < and > is joystick left/right.

    Thanks for that. Anyway - I've now tried no less than 4 phones (2
    K750i's and 2 Nokias) and 2 Psion 5mx's with no joy, which leads me to
    believe that the software has all got corrupted somewhere. I'm going to
    try reinstalling all my comms-related software from scratch.

    Lee

+ Reply to Thread