S7 upgrade to netBook problem - Scion

This is a discussion on S7 upgrade to netBook problem - Scion ; No fix for power management yet. You can do a "reboot" under linux, then as it restarts and gets to the Psion splash screen, you shut down with the power switch from there. Booting up isn't unreasonably slow. I might ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: S7 upgrade to netBook problem

    No fix for power management yet. You can do a "reboot" under linux,
    then as it restarts and gets to the Psion splash screen, you shut down
    with the power switch from there. Booting up isn't unreasonably slow.
    I might start a new thread with my "Linux on a 7Book" experiences, in
    case anyone in interested.

    A,

    Iordani wrote:
    > arawata wrote:
    >
    > > This is going to be some steep learning curve!

    > As I remember, Linux for netBook is to be considered alpha, maybe beta.
    > Also there was no way of shutting down the normal way, so you had to
    > reboot every time you start. Did anyone come up with a fix for this yet?

  2. Re: S7 upgrade to netBook problem - The End.

    Just to finish off the thread I started, the problem continues with the
    upgrade from S7 to NB. I bought a CF card with NB OS from a nice guy
    off eBay. He tested the card and assures me it boots. But when I try it
    (after all the usual precautions - remove/replace batteries, remove
    memory upgrade module, face west with tongue pointing upwind etc) I
    just get a white screen after the OS loads. So I can only assume that
    for some reason, this particular S7 is not upgradable. I'm leaving it
    at that (unless anyone has had a flash of inspiration) and going with
    Linux. SargeBook is happy to boot with the NB personality module plus
    the 32MB upgrade, so there's no problem with that hardware.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2