Series 7 - Pen Calibration Changing - Scion

This is a discussion on Series 7 - Pen Calibration Changing - Scion ; Suddenly, after several months of using it every day, my series 7 touchscreen is playing up. Pen calibration is going haywire. One day I started it up and opened a spreadsheet ... the pen would select the cell *next* to ...

  1. Series 7 - Pen Calibration Changing

    Suddenly, after several months of using it every day, my series 7
    touchscreen is playing up. Pen calibration is going haywire. One day I
    started it up and opened a spreadsheet ... the pen would select the
    cell *next* to the one I clicked on! Interestingly, the buttons on the
    left of the screen were also affected. I couldn't get into System by
    pressing on the button, but 10-15mm away from it.

    I went to recalibrate it, clicking on the first of three points, and
    the thing informed me I was clicking too far away. I clicked on a
    place about 5mm away and it accepted that, then I was able to
    re-recalibrate it right on the points.

    Next day the same thing happened, pointer was having an effect 3mm
    away from where I touched the screen. Terrible for playing Bombs.

    It's been 4 days now and I have to recalibrate several times a day.

    What's happening, do you think - is the touchscreen playing up?

    Is it fixable?

  2. Re: Series 7 - Pen Calibration Changing

    Just try to reset things to Factory settings.

    schreef in bericht
    > Suddenly, after several months of using it every day, my series 7
    > touchscreen is playing up. Pen calibration is going haywire. One day I
    > started it up and opened a spreadsheet ... the pen would select the
    > cell *next* to the one I clicked on! Interestingly, the buttons on the
    > left of the screen were also affected. I couldn't get into System by
    > pressing on the button, but 10-15mm away from it.
    >
    > I went to recalibrate it, clicking on the first of three points, and
    > the thing informed me I was clicking too far away. I clicked on a
    > place about 5mm away and it accepted that, then I was able to
    > re-recalibrate it right on the points.
    >
    > Next day the same thing happened, pointer was having an effect 3mm
    > away from where I touched the screen. Terrible for playing Bombs.
    >
    > It's been 4 days now and I have to recalibrate several times a day.
    >
    > What's happening, do you think - is the touchscreen playing up?
    >
    > Is it fixable?

  3. Re: Series 7 - Pen Calibration Changing

    On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 09:28:13 +1200
    wrote:

    > It's been 4 days now and I have to recalibrate several times a day.
    >
    > What's happening, do you think - is the touchscreen playing up?
    >
    > Is it fixable?

    It's the screen cable that's coming loose. Push down on the "Series7"
    logo above the keyboard and things should return to normal. If so, the
    long-term fix is to remove the keyboard and glue the screen cable in
    place (the connector is just below the letters "ER").

    Take care,

    --
    Stefaan A Eeckels
    --