Why joystickport doesn't work? - Scion

This is a discussion on Why joystickport doesn't work? - Scion ; Hi, I connected a C64 digital joystick to the joystickport of the Psion (with the cable RS 232), but I cannot find a game which is able to be controlled by a joystick on the Psion. Isn't there anything able ...

  1. Why joystickport doesn't work?

    Hi,

    I connected a C64 digital joystick to the joystickport of the Psion
    (with the cable RS 232), but I cannot find a game which is able to be
    controlled by a joystick on the Psion. Isn't there anything able to use
    the joystickport?

    Alex'

  2. Re: Why joystickport doesn't work?

    Moin!

    Alexander Ausserstorfer schrieb:

    > I connected a C64 digital joystick to the joystickport of the Psion
    > (with the cable RS 232), but I cannot find a game which is able to be
    > controlled by a joystick on the Psion. Isn't there anything able to use
    > the joystickport?

    It is no joystickport, it is a RS232 serial port.

    Bye

  3. Re: Why joystickport doesn't work?

    As you can see from the tables below, that although the physical
    connectors may match and plug together, the pinouts are vastly
    different.

    Commodore Joystick Cable Pinout
    Pin Name Dir Comment
    1 JOYA0 IN UP
    2 JOYA1 IN DOWN
    3 JOYA2 IN LEFT
    4 JOYA3 IN RIGHT
    5 POT AY IN/OUT
    6 BUTTON A / LP IN/OUT
    7 +5V OUT 50 mA max
    8 GND ------ Ground
    9 POT AX IN/OUT

    PC 9 Pin Serial Connection
    Pin Name Dir Description
    1 CD IN Carrier Detect
    2 RXD IN Receive Data
    3 TXD OUT Transmit Data
    4 DTR OUT Data Terminal Ready
    5 GND ------ System Ground
    6 DSR IN Data Set Ready
    7 RTS OUT Request to Send
    8 CTS IN Clear to Send
    9 RI IN Ring Indicator

    Alexander Ausserstorfer wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I connected a C64 digital joystick to the joystickport of the Psion
    > (with the cable RS 232), but I cannot find a game which is able to be
    > controlled by a joystick on the Psion. Isn't there anything able to use
    > the joystickport?
    >
    > Alex'

+ Reply to Thread