S3aEmul in VirtualPC - Scion

This is a discussion on S3aEmul in VirtualPC - Scion ; Hi! I need to compile and run some old .opl files. Unfortunately my (still functional) S3a as well as the 3link are far away. How do I emulate it on a Mac? I tried Virtual PC 6 with Dr. DOS ...

  1. S3aEmul in VirtualPC

    Hi!

    I need to compile and run some old .opl files. Unfortunately my (still
    functional) S3a as well as the 3link are far away. How do I emulate it
    on a Mac?
    I tried Virtual PC 6 with Dr. DOS and S3aEmul. It works but the screen
    is distorted http://www.celvina.de/tmp/drdos3a.png
    The reason is probably Dr. DOS rather than Virtual PC, unfortunately I
    didn't manage to install FreeDOS, and my MS DOS disks also rest in my
    parents basement.

    --
    Tobias Weber

  2. Re: S3aEmul in VirtualPC

    Moin!

    Tobias Weber schrieb:

    > I need to compile and run some old .opl files. Unfortunately my (still
    > functional) S3a as well as the 3link are far away. How do I emulate it
    > on a Mac?
    > I tried Virtual PC 6 with Dr. DOS and S3aEmul. It works but the screen
    > is distorted http://www.celvina.de/tmp/drdos3a.png
    > The reason is probably Dr. DOS rather than Virtual PC, unfortunately I
    > didn't manage to install FreeDOS, and my MS DOS disks also rest in my
    > parents basement.

    So your problem is to get a version of DOS run on your MacOS. Did you try
    DosBOX http://dosbox.sourceforge.net ?

    Bye

  3. Re: S3aEmul in VirtualPC

    In article <1ucabljx7xuni$.1pzozovsrx9dz$.dlg@40tude.net>,