ebooks on a psion seriers 5 - Scion

This is a discussion on ebooks on a psion seriers 5 - Scion ; hi was wondering if you there is any software for the psion seriers 5 that alows me to read ebooks in the .lit format best regards bladerunner1962...

  1. ebooks on a psion seriers 5

    hi was wondering if you there is any software for the psion seriers 5
    that alows me to read ebooks in the .lit format
    best regards bladerunner1962

  2. Re: ebooks on a psion seriers 5

    In article ,
    bladerunner1962 wrote:

    > hi was wondering if you there is any software for the psion seriers 5
    > that alows me to read ebooks in the .lit format

    LIT files, also known as "Reader" files, are readable only by Pocket PCs
    and desktop computers running a Microsoft Windows operating system.
    They are a Microsoft proprietary format using digital rights management,
    with various levels of restriction (DRM1 to DRM5). You can use some
    Linux tools to extract some .lit files into open formats, however use of
    these tools may be illegal in some countries (USA). An open source
    converter page at http://www.kyz.uklinux.net/convlit.php may have
    pointers to precompiled Windows versions.

    --
    http://www.ericlindsay.com

  3. Re: ebooks on a psion seriers 5

    In article ,
    Eric Lindsay wrote:
    > An open source
    > converter page at http://www.kyz.uklinux.net/convlit.php may have
    > pointers to precompiled Windows versions.

    http://www.convertlit.com/clit18.zip
    Got a batch of .LITs a while back, and ISTR that it worked then.
    Haven't used it since.

    --
    Aidan Karley, FGS
    Aberdeen, Scotland