Psion 5mx & USR 56k EXT modem - HELP - Scion

This is a discussion on Psion 5mx & USR 56k EXT modem - HELP - Scion ; Hello, In short. I have conected my Psion 5mx using PsiWin cable and null modem adaptor to the USR 56k modem. Psion COM programe works fine. I can communicate with USR modem. I can send AT commands and I'm getting ...

  1. Psion 5mx & USR 56k EXT modem - HELP

    Hello,

    In short.

    I have conected my Psion 5mx using PsiWin cable and null modem adaptor
    to the USR 56k modem.

    Psion COM programe works fine. I can communicate with USR modem. I can
    send AT commands and I'm getting responses from the modem.

    Problem is: When I connect to any remote BBS or modem after welcoming
    message whatever I type is echoed on the Psion e.g. If I type A i will
    get on screen AA and vice versa.

    I was trying to solve that problem with ATE0 and ATF1 commands without
    any luck.

    I simply do not have echo when the Psion is in command mode but in
    online mode it always echoes whatever I type which prevents me to log
    on to the remote system as system recognizes that I'm sending doubled
    characters (if the simple pasword is JOHN it will be transmited as
    JJOOHHNN which is wrong).

    Anyone experienced similar problem ? I simply do not have any idea
    where alse and what else to do to prevent online echoing.

    Regards,

    Dragan

  2. Re: Psion 5mx & USR 56k EXT modem - HELP

    servis_za_elektroniku@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > In short.
    >
    > I have conected my Psion 5mx using PsiWin cable and null modem adaptor
    > to the USR 56k modem.
    >
    > Psion COM programe works fine. I can communicate with USR modem. I can
    > send AT commands and I'm getting responses from the modem.
    >
    > Problem is: When I connect to any remote BBS or modem after welcoming
    > message whatever I type is echoed on the Psion e.g. If I type A i will
    > get on screen AA and vice versa.
    >
    > I was trying to solve that problem with ATE0 and ATF1 commands without
    > any luck.
    >
    > I simply do not have echo when the Psion is in command mode but in
    > online mode it always echoes whatever I type which prevents me to log
    > on to the remote system as system recognizes that I'm sending doubled
    > characters (if the simple pasword is JOHN it will be transmited as
    > JJOOHHNN which is wrong).
    >
    > Anyone experienced similar problem ? I simply do not have any idea
    > where alse and what else to do to prevent online echoing.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Dragan

    When using terminal programs on serial and dial-up links, you usually
    need to ensure that any loal echo options are turned off. I would
    expect this to be a setting in the terminal program, not the modem.

  3. Re: Psion 5mx & USR 56k EXT modem - HELP

    Stephen wrote:
    > servis_za_elektroniku@yahoo.com wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>In short.
    >>
    >>I have conected my Psion 5mx using PsiWin cable and null modem adaptor
    >>to the USR 56k modem.
    >>
    >>Psion COM programe works fine. I can communicate with USR modem. I can
    >>send AT commands and I'm getting responses from the modem.
    >>
    >>Problem is: When I connect to any remote BBS or modem after welcoming
    >>message whatever I type is echoed on the Psion e.g. If I type A i will
    >>get on screen AA and vice versa.
    >>
    >>I was trying to solve that problem with ATE0 and ATF1 commands without
    >>any luck.
    >>
    >>I simply do not have echo when the Psion is in command mode but in
    >>online mode it always echoes whatever I type which prevents me to log
    >>on to the remote system as system recognizes that I'm sending doubled
    >>characters (if the simple pasword is JOHN it will be transmited as
    >>JJOOHHNN which is wrong).
    >>
    >>Anyone experienced similar problem ? I simply do not have any idea
    >>where alse and what else to do to prevent online echoing.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Dragan

    > When using terminal programs on serial and dial-up links, you usually
    > need to ensure that any loal echo options are turned off. I would
    > expect this to be a setting in the terminal program, not the modem.

    Menu -> Tools -> Translate codes. Untick the box for Local Echo

    Stuart

  4. Re: Psion 5mx & USR 56k EXT modem - HELP

    > Menu -> Tools -> Translate codes. Untick the box for Local Echo
    > Stuart

    That's it.

    Problem solved.

    Local Echo on Psion had to be unticked.