TV remote control - Scion

This is a discussion on TV remote control - Scion ; I seem to remeber long ago that there was a link posted to where i could download the relevant Ir codes so that my 5MX could act as a Tv remote or was I dreamiing...

  1. TV remote control

    I seem to remeber long ago that there was a link posted to where i
    could download the relevant Ir codes so that my 5MX could act as a Tv
    remote or was I dreamiing

  2. Re: TV remote control

    richard seed wrote:
    > I seem to remeber long ago that there was a link posted to where i
    > could download the relevant Ir codes so that my 5MX could act as a Tv
    > remote or was I dreamiing

    There's one at
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...7/infrared.htm but I
    haven't tried it.

    Chris

  3. Re: TV remote control

    richard seed wrote:
    > I seem to remeber long ago that there was a link posted to where i
    > could download the relevant Ir codes so that my 5MX could act as a Tv
    > remote or was I dreamiing

    I hope you did

  4. Re: TV remote control

    In article <44344095$0$19288$626a54ce@news.free.fr>, Jacques wrote:
    > > I seem to remeber long ago that there was a link posted to where i
    > > could download the relevant Ir codes so that my 5MX could act as a Tv
    > > remote or was I dreamiing

    > I hope you did

    I remember hearing that one of the early IR-enabled phones (an
    Ericsson ??) had software like that written for it. That was about the
    time I was considering the "computer-phone combination, or separate
    computer and phone with IR or Bluetooth interlink" question. I settled
    the question in the direction of Psions + IR-enabled phones.
    I also heard rumour that such software adaptations could listen in
    to some "security" devices such as car remote keys and decode the signals
    for opening this car/ garage/ alarm remotely. Highly nefarious.
    Educational rumour too, which is why I repeat it here.

    But were these capabilities "rumourware", or more substantive?

    I'll be away for a while - don't expect further comments from me.

    --
    Aidan Karley, FGS
    Aberdeen, Scotland,

+ Reply to Thread