revo plus hard resetting by itself - Scion

This is a discussion on revo plus hard resetting by itself - Scion ; Hi - i have a Revo plus and have had it for about 4 years - the batteries were changed a couple of years back by POS and still seem fine, according to Chadis. The problem is that once a ...

  1. revo plus hard resetting by itself

    Hi - i have a Revo plus and have had it for about 4 years - the
    batteries were changed a couple of years back by POS and still seem
    fine, according to Chadis. The problem is that once a week when I turn
    it on, the darn thing will beep and do a full reset back to
    factory-fresh configuration. Not as i want !!

    I have the feeling this is not a battery problem - circuit board -
    anyone else know please ?

  2. Re: revo plus hard resetting by itself

    ian@igreenwo.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
    > Hi - i have a Revo plus and have had it for about 4 years - the
    > batteries were changed a couple of years back by POS and still seem
    > fine, according to Chadis. The problem is that once a week when I turn
    > it on, the darn thing will beep and do a full reset back to
    > factory-fresh configuration. Not as i want !!
    >
    > I have the feeling this is not a battery problem - circuit board -
    > anyone else know please ?

    Chances are it's the batteries.
    There's a software patch somewhere called Battery Management 1.00.
    It's worked very well for my machine.
    Try a Google search and, if you can't find it, post again and I'll try
    to locate it for you.
    Good luck,

  3. Re: revo plus hard resetting by itself

    found it on http://www.pscience5.net/psifilesepoc.htm - i will try it
    on the revo when i get home tonight - thanks for that Bob

    Bob G wrote:
    > ian@igreenwo.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
    > > Hi - i have a Revo plus and have had it for about 4 years - the
    > > batteries were changed a couple of years back by POS and still seem
    > > fine, according to Chadis. The problem is that once a week when I turn
    > > it on, the darn thing will beep and do a full reset back to
    > > factory-fresh configuration. Not as i want !!
    > >
    > > I have the feeling this is not a battery problem - circuit board -
    > > anyone else know please ?

    > Chances are it's the batteries.
    > There's a software patch somewhere called Battery Management 1.00.
    > It's worked very well for my machine.
    > Try a Google search and, if you can't find it, post again and I'll try
    > to locate it for you.
    > Good luck,

  4. Re: revo plus hard resetting by itself

    I can now confirm this software patch ( Battery Management 1.00 )seems
    to have solved the problem - machine hasn't crashed since - well worth
    trying if you haven't already

+ Reply to Thread