loss of memory ... - Scion

This is a discussion on loss of memory ... - Scion ; Hi! Hope I'm in the right group - if not, just ignore me and I'll go away :_( I have a Psion Revo+ which has recently reported "Not enough memory" whenever I switch it on. I know the feeling, but ...

  1. loss of memory ...

    Hi!
    Hope I'm in the right group - if not, just ignore me and I'll go away
    :_(
    I have a Psion Revo+ which has recently reported "Not enough memory"
    whenever I switch it on. I know the feeling, but as the memory bar
    reports
    "Memory used 20%" I'm at a loss to know what to do next - Help, Please!
    TIA
    --
    Tom Ireland

  2. Re: loss of memory ...

    Have you tried a soft reset? If you don't know how check the manual or
    google it.

    Richard

  3. Re: loss of memory ...

    Hi Tom,

    I've never had a Revo but this might be valid.

    On the Revo memory is used for two purposes - storing files (like a disc) and running programs, etc..
    Each program running uses RAM for itself *plus* any documents it has open.
    As there is no other memory the system can only run properly if there is sufficient memory available.
    If you use extra memory by, perhaps, expending an open document the system may find that it hasn't got enough memory available *even though* there may seem to be plenty of memory.

    If you can, close a few programs.
    If you can't, try a soft reset - the manual should explain how.

    If you've a current backup it might be wise to do a hard reset (deleting all files), restore and start again.

    Take care,
    Phil.

    "Time wounds all heels."

    http://uk.geocities.com/philadkinsp/diabetes.html
    http://www.aypee.me.uk/index.html

  4. Re: loss of memory ...

    In message <1140021224.373075.276460@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups. com>,
    Couldbeflying writes
    >Have you tried a soft reset? If you don't know how check the manual or
    >google it.
    >

    >Richard

    Many thanks - it worked! It needed the hard reset and an over-night
    recharge but all is well this morning. Information found on
    http://www.filesaveas.com/psionfaq.html
    provided step-by-step info.
    :-)
    --