Connecting 3a to modern computer. - Scion

This is a discussion on Connecting 3a to modern computer. - Scion ; I have a Psion 3a. I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP Pro. What software do I need? The software I have at the moment is PsiWin version 1.1 but it says it is only suitable ...

  1. Connecting 3a to modern computer.

    I have a Psion 3a. I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP
    Pro. What software do I need? The software I have at the moment is
    PsiWin version 1.1 but it says it is only suitable for computers
    running DOS.

    --
    Alasdair.

  2. Re: Connecting 3a to modern computer.

    Alasdair wrote:

    > I have a Psion 3a. I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP
    > Pro. What software do I need? The software I have at the moment is
    > PsiWin version 1.1 but it says it is only suitable for computers
    > running DOS.

    You can use PsiWin 2.3.3 found at a lot of places. This is one
    http://www.psionplace.com/

  3. Re: Connecting 3a to modern computer.

    On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:36:27 +0000, Alasdair
    wrote:

    >I have a Psion 3a. I want to connect it to my PC running Windows XP
    >Pro. What software do I need? The software I have at the moment is
    >PsiWin version 1.1 but it says it is only suitable for computers
    >running DOS.

    Hello,
    I was given this helpful info some time back:

    You can download PsiWin 1.1 here. (I haven't tried 1.1 on XP myself)
    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/psion/psiwin11.html

    Or get PsiWin 2.3 from the same place.
    http://www.garethjmsaunders.co.uk/ps...html#psiwin233

    It works OK but I have noticed that some apps can interfere with the
    connection. So, if you are having problems with this, try stopping
    all other apps and try again.

    If I remember correctly you should also set connection speed to 19200

    Hope it helps you too, Good luck!
    Allen

+ Reply to Thread